Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your MK2 today?

Users Country Flag

No pictures yet but fuel pumps stopped working, so in the process of diagnosing the wiring jumble under the dash.. so far whole dash out and cables going everywhere haha.
    Something new

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Wire the pumps into a separate circuit and hide the on/off switch so you've got additional theft protection. On my old Triumph I fitted a push on/off switch under the foam on the dashboard. I knew where it was but no-one else did.

Cheers

Paul

Users Country Flag
    yer i think thats what i might do, they have used the old wiring and then just jumped off that into two relays with seperate isolation switches but might change that all and run my own like you said.
    Something new

Quote Originally Posted by blis View Post
    Regs? You mean the cable winder mechanism. They are not electric windows

If you have one, I would like to buy it.

Mine are manual - not electric , FOC to another MK2 guy , you might be able to help me one day, I have no use for them , my car doesn't have rear doors ,
    89 Mk2 3dr GTI , tornado red , 20V Turbo - weekend sleeper WRX eater 😃 , work in progress .

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by f320kty View Post
    Mine are manual - not electric , FOC to another MK2 guy , you might be able to help me one day, I have no use for them , my car doesn't have rear doors ,
    Pm sent, tks buddy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your MK2 today?-20160623_155552-jpg   What did you do to your MK2 today?-1466770990212-911649528-jpg  

Last edited by blis; 24-06-2016 at 10:23 PM.

Users Country Flag

Thanks...not just a door regulatir, a good experience!

There really is a special bond that mk2 owners have. Perhaps it is the recognition of the commitment we put into our beloved golfs. I drove 100km not knowing who Id meet and what to expect. After driving along Boganville, with a roundabout turn interupting the stezza ever 800m I drove into an industrial estate not knowing what to expect...

As I drove into a large warehouse driveway, there were two guys head down in a passat... as they looked up, there was a younger chap and a shiny headed older one. I was pleasantly greeted by Ben, asking where my door handles were, then as the late afternoon glow reflected the aging day, a pair of older eyes took a look at my flustered traffic driven face and greeted me as Leigh... we shook hands....

A whisper mentioning he was an automotive professional was thrown into the darkening afternoon, it had a deeper meaning, as Im an IT guy and to many who have personal relationships with computers, it's work to me and I know what he was telling my in a subtle way. That said, we the helpful professionals do it because it needs to be done, hats off to a man who is busy helping the world enjoy his craft, while his car is tucked in the corner under cover, waiting for his hands to work his magic....

As Leigh took to the doors with well versed hands and mind, I lifted the cover on a most beautiful example of one off 3dr tornado red... it was crisp with a deep sheen, untouched by smog. The panels were aligned so perfectly, the trims black and supple, the wheels made me want to touch them and he generously removed the regulator and also helped me with a few clips that he handled like a 5 star chef does his knife.

With a bag of vents and ducts, a box of exces bits and pieces, none that he really needed, there really was only one thing to offer and that was to take my Mk2 for a WOT spin... yes my brakes are shocking, but the abf has good nostrils and with the magnaflow 2.5 exhaust, the very least I could do was let him make one more mk2 sing to keep the momentum going until his red masterpiece is finished.

As I chatted with Ben, I could hear the Abf in the distance and it made me smile, knowing it was being enjoyed by the most deserving of drivers, one with more Mk2 experience that the sum of all aussies put together. Its not a track car, but a daily workhorse and it sang to Saint Marys and me.

So what did I do to my MK2 today... I let a good man make it sing and the song was lovely!

Then I took it for a gingerly drive in the traffic for a yeeros in Marrickville and drove it back home safely... the heater could cook a roast chicken and everything ticked along nicely all the way home!

PS... THE SMOKED AFTERMARKET FRONT BLINKERS ARE WITH f320kty now, ask him for them if needed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your MK2 today?-2016-06-26-23-28-00-jpg   What did you do to your MK2 today?-20160625_144753-jpg  

What did you do to your MK2 today?-20160626_170205-jpg  
    Last edited by blis; 26-06-2016 at 11:37 PM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    How ironic. Leigh game down and picked up a few parts off my MK2 for his and now you're getting parts off him.

It's a small world when it comes to the MK2 community in Australia.

Users Country Flag
    Dash back in and car ia running again. Still have to fix a couple wires but temporarily soldered for now.
    Also probably going to be doing a vw heritage order in the next couple of weeks for some headlights and a single headlight grill (and other bits and Bobs) if anyone around the sydney/wollongong area needs anything let me know as you apprantly get free shipping over $250
    Something new

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by sports racer View Post
    How ironic. Leigh game down and picked up a few parts off my MK2 for his and now you're getting parts off him.

It's a small world when it comes to the MK2 community in Australia.
    And Ive left leigh with parts he doesnt need himself. To share with others, so what goes round comes round!

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tom93 View Post
    Dash back in and car ia running again. Still have to fix a couple wires but temporarily soldered for now.
    Also probably going to be doing a vw heritage order in the next couple of weeks for some headlights and a single headlight grill (and other bits and Bobs) if anyone around the sydney/wollongong area needs anything let me know as you apprantly get free shipping over $250
    Free shipping wont apply. For uk only, so be mindful of that. Hellas are delightful and find the grill clips for the headlight slot to grill.

Also note that headlight parking holder and lamps not included with headlamps

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast