Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your MK2 today?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by f320kty View Post
    U can say that when I post about my shifter rod to ball joint conversation too !
    Don't what to hear about your rod and balls mate...

Users Country Flag
    Finally fitted my Genuine Hella smoked, big bumper fog lights(that I've had in the garage for around 5 years). Just need to change out the standard globes for something brighter and run them through relays. Need to tweek the aftermarket brackets a bit, they don't quiet sit right. Also scored an original 16V Italvolanti steering wheel from a mate. Going to send it to be re-covered soon.

Did some wiring modification today to hide some of it in the engine bay , headlight and indicator wiring hidden
    89 Mk2 3dr GTI , tornado red , 20V Turbo - weekend sleeper WRX eater 😃 , work in progress .

Wish I could work on my car but a broken shoulder and surgery has put hold to any work on the car , so ordered some engine parts today and fingers crossed some friends can help me get on track to get the car finished in the next 2 months
    89 Mk2 3dr GTI , tornado red , 20V Turbo - weekend sleeper WRX eater 😃 , work in progress .

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Sorry to hear about your shoulder. Does this mean you won't make it to the Nationals?

Cheers

Paul

I don't know mate , I am doing a little here and there but I will have to pull a few favours , but it's unlikely

Well gave the MK2 a wash today after putting the car cover on inside out last week and covering it in dust , still a long way to go but it's unmistakably a Golf now with its trims on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    21 days to the Nationals.

Lots of time to get it finished.

Users Country Flag
    I switched out a handmade temporary loom for a factory electric window loom. Leigh kindly did the wiring at the fuse box (piss easy) rather that off the accessories.

Now the windows don't lose a moving upward race against the grass outside.

Just in time for winter

Sadly not enough time as I have other commitments and still very limited on movement of my arm , but that's life - not building it to show,I. Building it to drive , but would of been nice to have it on display . Next year 😝😝😝

Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast