Support VWWC

Thread: Mk2 Windscreen wash jets issue

Users Country Flag

Mk2 Windscreen wash jets issue

Hello everybody. I was hoping I could get a bit of advice. I’ve got a minor issue but not the experience to diagnose the problem. Hopefully somebody on here has heard of this kind of problem before and can point me in the right direction. I’ve just had a 1987 Golf mk2 fully restored. Everything is running beautifully and then for some reason my windscreen wash jets stop working. I checked the nozzles and piping and everything seemed in order. I did a search for replacement Volkswagen parts for sale online and found some replacement nozzles just for good measure. Fitted them, still no joy. As far as electrics are concerned, the water pump powers up and fuses are all ok. But I guess it could be faulty wiring or a bad connection? Can anyone shed any light on this? Anyone had similar problems? I wish I had the skills to sort this out myself but electrics is not my strong point. Any advice or pointers would be hugely appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Stanny; 15-09-2016 at 12:51 PM. Reason: typo

Any chance of split piping? best bet is to get the bonnet up and get a friend/spouse to hit the washers. Make sure your wipers dont foul the bonnet though
    9N3 Polo GTI - 91 MkII GTI - 16 B8 Passat 132tsi Comfortline
    Past - 14 MkVII GTI, 9n3 Polo GTI, Mk5 Golf GTI, Mk6 Golf 77tsi, Mk6 Golf 90tsi, Mk2 Golf GTI, Mk3 Golf VR6.
    Wanted: Mk1 GTI white or black

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt P View Post
    Any chance of split piping? best bet is to get the bonnet up and get a friend/spouse to hit the washers. Make sure your wipers dont foul the bonnet though
    Definitely not split piping. Double checked that. I'll give what you suggested a try. Cheers.

Users Country Flag

Unplug the pipe from the water pump and see if you can blow through the pipe. It should be hard but not impossible to blow through.

While you have the pipe off start the water pump and see if any water comes out. There should be a strong, steady flow of water coming out.

Cheers

Paul