Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Goodey's daily Mk2 GTI

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by AusScare View Post
    Nice to see the Golf is getting along ok, it was initially a barn find that I was building with a mate. Check out my build thread for info on what was replaced.
    Cheers mate was quite a good read and always a good thing to see more of the cars history. I figured that this was built up for some track events as the coilovers w/ semi slicks are definitely overkill in the grip/handling department for just road use. It's a pity things kept coming up so you didn't get to go to as many events as you would of like

We share very similar views on the car, great handling just needs a fair bit more power, all things considered a 1.8t will probably go into this car if all goes to plan in a couple of years

Sounds good! I'll then buy it back off you as that's what I always wanted to do haha

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Don't laugh, that's what I did with my MK2. I always regretted selling it so when it came on the market 3 years later (and 2 new owners) I bought it back.

No way I'll sell it again.

Cheers

Paul

Yeah the only reason I sold it was because I had no where to put it, and hated having it under a car cover. My XR5 is nice, but nothing breaks and the available mods are basic compared to the mk2s

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AusScare View Post
    Yeah the only reason I sold it was because I had no where to put it, and hated having it under a car cover. My XR5 is nice, but nothing breaks and the available mods are basic compared to the mk2s
    Nothing breaks on it?!?!? That must be boring hahaha :p

Users Country Flag
    Just means the turbo isn't big enough. Watch those CVS pop!

Been a bit busy with work and other things to be able to work too much on the golf so not a lot has been updated except for new (hand-me-down) wheels! I bought a new set of wheels + tyres for the Rx7 and decided to put the old set onto the golf. I think they're a nice change from the 14 inch steelies and it means that i removed the steelies/semi slicks while they still had a decent amount of tread so I could sell them or save them for future track days.
    Here's a pic:
    Goodey's daily Mk2 GTI-new-wheels-ul-jpg

They're King Wheels Sabeth's 15x6.5 +38 in hyper black with 195/55r15 tyres (which are legally may be ever so slightly too tall in QLD)
    I think they look pretty decent, I mean they're not BBS meshies or anything but still look alright, they suit the golf wayy more than they suited the Rx7 anyways

Users Country Flag

Looks good man.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234