Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goodey's daily Mk2 GTI

Users Country Flag

Paul's a really ancient guy who has had old Golfs since 1986 - 6 MK1's, a MK2 (twice) and a MK1 Scirocco. He knows all sorts of crap and loves his MK2 so much he bought it back after 3 years and 2 other owners. A real cheapskate who tries to get things working or improved by scavenging off other cars or making bits to save money. No official skills but after 30 years of tinkering he thinks he can fix anything on an old Golf.

Cheers

Paul

Users Country Flag
    You've owned that many?
    Wow

Quote Originally Posted by sports racer View Post
    Paul's a really ancient guy who has had old Golfs since 1986 - 6 MK1's, a MK2 (twice) and a MK1 Scirocco. He knows all sorts of crap and loves his MK2 so much he bought it back after 3 years and 2 other owners. A real cheapskate who tries to get things working or improved by scavenging off other cars or making bits to save money. No official skills but after 30 years of tinkering he thinks he can fix anything on an old Golf.

Cheers

Paul
    07 GTI
    APR stage II

Users Country Flag
    Well that sounds promising. How's she sound with the new exhaust??

Users Country Flag
    I still haven't fitted the Euro downpipe, been too busy getting the Passat registered for my wife so she'll feed me again - she wasn't too happy about me buying back the MK2. Probably do the exhaust next weekend while my wife is at the Easter Show.

Did you sort out your new ignition lock and adapting it to your old key?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hahaha that's a lot of golfs to own, they are a great car, with the coilovers and advan semi slicks the golf has way more mechanical grip than my weekender/track car which is kind of concerning/awesome

Good News! Had the ignition switch changed over this morning and it solved the sometimes not starting and intermittent fuel issues
    They took apart the old ignition switch/barrel and attached the new switch to it which means I also got to keep the same key. When they were looking over it he found that the management system at some point has been changed to LE-jetronic and that some of the wiring that was used with some sensors was a bit odd and that a coolant temp or O2 sensor not behaving quite right could be why the car initially idles quite rich

Users Country Flag
    Sound like you've found someone who knows what he's doing. Make sure you find out what his favorite beer is - you'll be asking him a lot questions every time the Golf gets a hiccup.

Users Country Flag
    hooray to beer!

On a side note- I just bought a volvo for the mrs lol.( well family hauler).
    07 GTI
    APR stage II

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Beer is pretty awesome

What Volvo did you buy?
    Edit: Just saw the v70 on your thread, looks like you could squeeze the golf into the boot haha
    Last edited by Goodey; 21-03-2014 at 11:34 AM. Reason: looked about

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodey View Post
    Beer is pretty awesome

What Volvo did you buy?
    Edit: Just saw the v70 on your thread, looks like you could squeeze the golf into the boot haha
    Haha, well it has a tow bar, so a trailer could be an option...
    07 GTI
    APR stage II

Nice to see the Golf is getting along ok, it was initially a barn find that I was building with a mate. Check out my build thread for info on what was replaced.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...ad.php?t=51870
    mk2 GTI Track Toy Project

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast