Support VWWC

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Coilovers - what's your recommendation.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by golfmeup View Post
    I'd love the H&R's - I'm sure the price though is probably around the value of my car!!
    It's often sound like unreasonable to upgrade parts which equal or exceed the value of your car, however think about you can enjoy every minutes you drive it after the change, and if you can diy you can always swap it back when you need to sell your car, and sell the expensive parts separately.

Users Country Flag
    Most of my driving is on country roads and the Hottunings I have are very stiff and shake everything on the car. But, now that I have a working CD player I can drown out the rattles and concentrate on the ride which isn't as bad as I first thought. With every loose thing shaking over slightly rough roads the noise made it seem worse than it was. I occasionally get bumps which cause the cd player to skip but once every 10 ks on a country road is ok.

My wife and kids have other ideas so don't expect the rest of your family to like the car.

If I could afford adjustable shocks I'd buy them but for now I'll keep the Hottunings.

Cheers

Paul

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by golfmeup View Post
    Thanks for the link!
    These guys have a tonne of stuff for the mk2 and prices not too different from online.
    See how my budget goes, may include some coilovers.
    The JOM Bluelines are more in my budget range at the moment at only $550 a set.

Just wish there was something in between, that didn't sacrifice the ride for a decent drop.

http://http://www.slickonline.com.au...-coilover-kits
    We have fitted the Blueline coils to a MK2 GTI located in Wollongong. We sell 2-3 kits a week to VW, BMW, Mazda, etc.. owners all over Australia. We have also fitted the Blueline to my MK2 Seat Ibiza and a set in my MK6 GTI. Thoughts.. For the price you CANNOT beat them. The price does not reflect the quality. There are limited settings, its just high or low.. that's it. But the higher you go the stiffer it gets, but it does not raise the car much. (bit weird). We always get awesome feedback, and have not ever received any warranty issues or fitment concerns from any of our customers. Ride quality on the Ibiza.. stunning. On the MK6.. almost as close to stock but with the awesome low look. No sacrifice in ride quality at all. I drive my Golf 500km a week. I love it.

We have fitted the NJT coils to our VR6... absolutely awesome, but we have not even played with the settings yet. Again for the price they put to shame a lot of the "high end" coils in the extremely expensive Aussie market.

Slickonline can't understand why everyone in Australia gets ripped off for stuff that is half the price overseas. Our Bluelines may be a little more then JOM in Germany.. but no one takes into account the shipping charges you get hit if you do it yourself. We take this risk and do the hard work (we have to make some profit too) Local warranties are offered, you don't have to learn German in order to get any issues sorted out. We are the sole distributors of JOM in Australia. Contact them directly with your inquiry and we will get back to you

Please feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.

Thanks
    AK
    Last edited by CPITUNING; 24-02-2014 at 03:53 PM.

Users Country Flag
    I hate you AK. There's so many great things you sell for MK2's that are on my wish list.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by sports racer View Post
    I hate you AK. There's so many great things you sell for MK2's that are on my wish list.
    Send me your list. I'll work something out for you

We don't only use JOM. We also have two other suppliers which we are the distributors for. FK Automotive in Germany and AP Coilovers from Germany as well so lots more parts to list up on site soon.

Check out our MK2 demo car.. ALL JOM bits. Coils, lights, etc...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by sports racer View Post
    Haha I second that.
    The Bluelines are in my budget.
    If a local warranty can be supplied I'm pretty much sold on them.

I filled shopping trolley on the website with nearly all the goodies to sort my coilovers, lighting and grill and it was just under $1,200.
    Can't go wrong there!!

I'd love a ride in someone's car with the Bluelines fitted when I'm back in March.
    07 GTI
    APR stage II

Shopping list begins :)

Last night I made a list haha
    Went a bit over what I really need right now but it goes something like this.

*VW Golf MkII headlights - style 3 clear black headlights
    *VW front strut brace Golf II/III Vento
    *VW Blueline coilover kits- Golf MkII
    *Slik JOM car bra MK2
    *VW Golf II grill spoilers- style 3
    *VW MKII side repeaters - style 2

Yep - I'm going for the black on black look.
    Might get sick of it, but that's the beauty of VW's - if I get sick of it, I can always change it.

Love the shop demo car! Is this your daily driver AK?

The height is about what I want on my MkII.

Any discounts on bulk orders? if you can call it a bulk order. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by AutoSlick View Post
    Send me your list. I'll work something out for you

We don't only use JOM. We also have two other suppliers which we are the distributors for. FK Automotive in Germany and AP Coilovers from Germany as well so lots more parts to list up on site soon.

Check out our MK2 demo car.. ALL JOM bits. Coils, lights, etc...

Last edited by golfmeup; 24-02-2014 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Typo
    07 GTI
    APR stage II

by the way AK, the wheels on your demo MkII.
    Are they genuine BBS RS's or the ESM-002R's ?
    The ESM's look great

Hmmm my wife is gonna kill me.
    07 GTI
    APR stage II

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234