Support VWWC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can we beat 7 MK2's at the VW Nationals in Sydney this year?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

How about we meet out in the carpark at the showground, nearest carpark to the entrance at Smithfield Rd around 4pm on Sunday. Take some group photos and decide where to cruise for those that want to go for a drive.

Put my ph number where you can find it and I'll coordinate for those who aren't at the show but need to know where we are. 0458 450 742

Cheers

Paul

Thanks for the invite for the photo shoot after the nats Paul. Sorry i couldn't hang around for it...

Mk2 GTI 2 door 1.9l 8v turbo 1st mk2 1st engineered water vw nats 09
    Mk1 twin eng twin turb
    scirocco gti 2.1l 16v turb 6spd
    Audi A4 B5 1.8t

Users Country Flag
    Looking forward to some photos from this!!
    07 GTI
    APR stage II

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by twin eng, twin turbs View Post
    Thanks for the invite for the photo shoot after the nats Paul. Sorry i couldn't hang around for it...
    No worries. By 4 pm I was buggered anyway so when Elbo and Matt showed up we just talked for ages. I was very impressed with your car, both at the show and after seeing a video of it competing at the sprints. Goes well and looks awesome.

Thanks, although i found the sprint just totally frustrating. I gave it a squirt on the highway on my way to the track and saw some smoke on high boost so backed off to 14psi at the track. As soon as i hit the track though i new it had issues and only really gave it to it for two laps. Time for another rebuild and an extra 12 valves, its down on compression. I was to tight to buy slicks so ran with street tyres and between getting tail happy round corners, wheel spinning through third and locking up under brakes... It dosnt matter how much power you have if you cant get it too the ground your not going anywhere fast..

Mk2 GTI 2 door 1.9l 8v turbo 1st mk2 1st engineered water vw nats 09
    Mk1 twin eng twin turb
    scirocco gti 2.1l 16v turb 6spd
    Audi A4 B5 1.8t

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123