Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: "Black Pearl" mk2 golf

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

hey Paul....why not more power, well I have wrx that can get me into trouble...so hoping that this will keep me out off it.... also there is abundance of these around and they are cheap... I picked up whole mk3 for $300 running... gained front sway bar, and appart from front control arms and drive shafts (slight modification) it was all transferable...
    "stop blowing holes in my ship"

quick update

the car is still going ahead and will be finished, time is the only problem.....

what you are seeing is vent system from Mk2 non aircondition being combined with mk3 aircondition vent system....mk3 vents had to be slightly modded as you can see 2 plastic nipples that were sliding into the rest of the mk3 system (photo with electric saw cutting the nipples)...

next thing is the firewall and where we will need to cut yo make space for evaporator piping to fit through....

other things done were:

drive shafts are back in the car
    and shifter linkages inside the cabin and in the engine bay are completed...

Pedja

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

aaaaand this is how we are looking inside the cabin and engine bay....Will be getting plate welded or something sorted to fix the hack job that was done in the fire wall...

Pedja

so the next bit that was done, fuel tank and lines from mk3..... as you can see they look exactly the same, but the lid for the fuel pump looks bigger......also when you place the mk3 tank into the car, make sure you keep the rubber surrounding the fuel cap from mk2.....mk2 fuel cap rubber surrounding is kinked which is needed TO make it look like it belongs....

pedja

Users Country Flag
    good work mate, nice to read a thread thats a bit different. keep the updates coming...

just quick update

it's all in the hands of a auto electrician, and as you can see aircondition system is all hooked up and it works...we are going with 3 fans just to make sure once the aircon is on it will be sufficient to cool everything down....

if anyone knows how to disable the imobilizer so I don't have to have 2 keys to start the car.....also as I want to use original cluster from mk2, my tacho isnt working for some reason....any info appreciated, also if you dont want to post on here info for the imobilizer just pm me....

I have searched on line but havent found anything definitive in regards to it....dont want to go stand alone or piggy back cpu.... another issue is intake, but for now might just utilise standard box....

Pedja

Users Country Flag
    MK2's have an immobiliser?

Good to see you're still working on your car and slowly making it better.

Cheers

Paul

hey Paul

its the mk3 engine and wiring loom I'm using... and yeah it will be done, just who knows when...lol

Pedja

just an update, car is registered and was running....broke cv joint ..... guess too much power...lol... air-con works great heater not so much, it works but its not generating a lot of heat.... lucky im in QLD and car is small, meaning it generate just enough to not freeze my ass off.... on a different note, now im chasing door cards and seats (gti preferable), otherwise will have to try and restore/make door cards and reupholster the seats.... if anyone has these and is willing to sell let me know..

Pedja

I've got 4 gti door cards. Pm me if interested

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345