Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Black Pearl" mk2 golf

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

will do paul...

today i ran into a new problem...could be from same issue just new problem...

warm morning....first it started on the 1st highway drive just splatering at low revs in 5th as i sat on 110...
    went to 4th dropped to 90 nothing....5th n 100 all good so i just sat there....
    on the way back sitting in traffic hot late morning 11ish as im about to take off lost power revs dropped to 0 and back up to 3000 like it was a defi gauge, pumped gass paddle few times n it took off...next lights same thing just this time it backed fired and we were good...
    30 min later dropped mate hime and was on the way home, only to have it turn off on me completely....limped home n passed out in the air conditioned house....tomorrow its a new day new week new beginning....so we will see what that brings...

pedja
    "stop blowing holes in my ship"

Users Country Flag
    Might be just heat soak. Does it do the same when it's cooler?

Users Country Flag
    all good since that day....did check for the spark check....all g there as well....ill clean up distributor and get a new rotor....ill see how that goes...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

same same paul....mk1 old account... loat login details but its still connected with tapatalk...

pedja

if anyone has running mk2 or mk3 1.8 or 2l motor for sale pls pm me, if the price is right we might do business...gold coast / brisbane area preferred so i can pick it up, unless u know someone with dirt cheap delivery prices.....

pedja....

Users Country Flag
    I've got a MK3 2.0 bottom end under a MK2 GTI head but distance is the killer.

Why not borrow a car trailer and collect the whole car.

Users Country Flag
    how much for the whole car....

Users Country Flag
    😐😅

so i ended up getting running mk3 gl for $300 of Adam from va garage...pretty happy with that...still keen on those parts we spoke about originally paul....

pedja

so it has been few months since last post, but we are still moving forward....still waiting for some parts and uni has been taking most of my time...as you can see engine has been test fitted and shafts from mk2 have been fitted on mk3 ends/cv joints...few other goodies just chilling there like gearbox linkage assembly, all the bushes, 2 out of 3 engine mounts (i have a mk2 engine mount for sale brand new as i ordered wrong one) and sunroof seal....

next is engine out change break booster and replace disks and drums with bigger disks on all 4 (btw mk3 is donor car), new clutch and head gasket will be done as well b4 engine goes back in...

if anyone knows what / how does the engine mount look or is called that sits on the support beam where the radiator is would be appreciated....

last 3 pic should be the engine mount for mk2 i want to sell....same price that i paid for plus local shipping instead of international(might save $20-$30)

pedja

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast