Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women on the internet

Users Country Flag

Women on the internet

Found this on vortex where it was borrowed from the Jeep forums.

OP:
    Originally Posted by mkpopcorn
    So, my boyfriend bought a '96 Cherokee (XJ) SE, for way too much, like around $3,000. It broke down and he has put another $2,500 in it and totally rebuilt the engine and did a lot of after market work on it. He has and will do all the labor himself, he refuses to pay for labor. Now, he finds out that the motor needs to be taken back out and fixed again and is looking at another $700. I said he should just sell it and wipe his hands clean, he says he won't make enough.

Firstly, what is your guys' opinion on what he should do? Secondly, how much do you think he could make parting it versus just the whole car as is?

Thanks for your guys' opinions!

First Reply:
    Originally Posted by wgirvine
    You want my opinion? Ok…

Shut the hell up. You’re not his wife. You’re not paying for the repairs. It’s absolutely none of your business what he does with his Jeep or his money. I know your type well… first it’s “Sell the Jeep because it’s costing too much money.” Then it’s “No, you can’t go spend the weekend with your buddies because I need you to take me shopping.” Then it’s “Oh gee, honey… I’m pregnant. Gosh, I have no idea how that happened.”

You’re a DreamKiller. You kill a guy’s dreams, take away his future, tie him down with a fat mortgage and too many babies, and turn him into just another miserable guy wondering, “How the hell did I get here?”

Do you really want to help him? Here’s what you do… go to your local library (it’s a big building with books inside) and check out a couple of books on rebuilding engines. Read them, over and over, until YOU understand what needs to be done. Then help him get that engine out and rebuild it. Tie your hair back in a ponytail, put on some old jeans and get your hands dirty. Hand him wrenches, hold the light, pull the wire connectors apart, help him get the hood off… help him with anything he needs. When he gets tired, run inside and make him a hot lunch or dinner. Fix him coffee, hot chocolate, whatever he wants. (But NO beer. Beer is for when the job is done.)

Then when the day is over and you’re both exhausted from working on the engine, push him into a hot shower and jump in with him. Scrub his back, wash his hair, rinse him off, and dry him with fluffy towels still hot from the dryer. Then push him into bed and screw his ears off. Then get up the next day and do it all over again.

Make him realize that rebuilding an engine is a slow and methodical process. Make him realize that every step should be regarded as surgery; every step must be perfect… perfect torque, perfect fit, perfectly clean. If you run into a step that you just can’t figure out, ask for help from someone who knows what he’s doing. Are you cute? Put on a low-cut top, show some cleavage and go (by yourself) to the local Jeep shop, and explain to the guys that you are helping your boyfriend to rebuild his engine and neither of you can figure out this one little step, and do they have any advice…

Think it won’t work? Think again. We guys love to help cute girls, even if they have a boyfriend. (Hey, maybe you’ve got a sister, or girlfriend…)

But absolutely DO NOT whine or complain. Do not say a single negative thing. Not a single “Oooooo, I broke a nail.” If you break a nail, or cut your finger, or bang a knuckle, you just shut up and DEAL WITH IT. You should be a hopelessly optomistic, never-say-die cheerleader, encouraging him every step of the way.

That’s my opinion.

Users Country Flag
    I don't even know what to say about that...

It's kinda funny, but mostly not.

I want to kick that guy squarely and I don't even have lady bits. Probably because she wasn't even complaining in her post.

I have to admit, she is a bit of a moron.

I mean, who dates a guy that buys a cherokee?
    2007 Audi RS4 with: APR ECU Upgrade; JHM Quick Shifter; Milltek Catback and Downpipes; KW V3 Coilovers; Argon Creative Carbon Fibre Splitters

Users Country Flag
    i laughed out loud lol

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3pete View Post
    i laughed out loud lol
    This.

I agree with the responder. All she needs to do is look at the situation from his perspective and she'll agree with him.
    2002 Volkswagen Bora V5 - 2007 Mazda 3 GT - 1998 Ford Contour Sport - 2010 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T - 2013 Volkswagen Passat 130TDI - 2015 Ford Escape 1.5 - 2016 Subaru WRX - 2018 Volkswagen Golf R Wolfsburg Wagon

Users Country Flag
    Love it!! Totally agree with the response!!
    "If can't get behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them..."

Users Country Flag
    Fantastic. I'm gunna tell jess to hit the library up

Users Country Flag
    I thought it was great, especially since the responder already had a list of tasks that she could do.. Fantastic!
    Mk IV Golf GTI - BMP - GIAC chip, R32 wheels, KW coilovers, rear swaybar.
    Originally Posted by JoeVR
    I've never been a big fan of rotors, or really Japanese cars in general, so my choice would have to be..... an RX-8.

That's awesome. I had a missus like that once. Didn't last long. Problem is, like that guy pointed out, some poor bastard will hand over his testicles and marry her.

Quote Originally Posted by thestu View Post
    Fantastic. I'm gunna tell jess to hit the library up
    I dunno dude.. Might be hard to drag her away from the sex shop...

APR Tuned | KW Suspension | INA Engineering | Mocal Oil Control |
    Email: chris@tprengineering.com

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Preen59 View Post
    That's awesome. I had a missus like that once. Didn't last long. Problem is, like that guy pointed out, some poor bastard will hand over his testicles and marry her.

I dunno dude.. Might be hard to drag her away from the sex shop...
    BAHAHAHA yeh her love for objects is amazing...NOT!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast