Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Status = Balla

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gareth_oau View Post
    i was once chatting to some Aussie muscle car fans, and the question was posed "if you won $10 Million what would you buy?

One guy stated he'd lash out and buy a clubsport. I challenged his lack of imagination, to which he apologised and stated he might buy 2.

sometimes these guys have no real idea of the big world out there - their lack of worldliness kinda reminds of the movie 'deliverance'
    Buying two Clubsports after winning $10million is a smart move IMO. Hire a Ferrari for the weekend occasionally and buy some race weekends in the GT championship but don't have money tied up in ownership and running costs of supercars...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket36 View Post
    Buying two Clubsports after winning $10million is a smart move IMO. Hire a Ferrari for the weekend occasionally and buy some race weekends in the GT championship but don't have money tied up in ownership and running costs of supercars...
    Rocket, Its all about relativity. You own an R36 worth circa $65k and for the sake of argument, lets say your salary is $100k (say car = 65% of salary).

now if you just scored $10M and spent $130k on two clubsports, thats 1.3%.

with that sort of cash available, i'm thinking you could safely relax and afford to cough up a bit more for cars.

and besides, my comment was more focussed on their blinkered vision rather than their fiscal management skills
    2007 Audi RS4 with: APR ECU Upgrade; JHM Quick Shifter; Milltek Catback and Downpipes; KW V3 Coilovers; Argon Creative Carbon Fibre Splitters

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Preen59 View Post
    Haha Yeah i got it when i looked at it the other day. "look at me and my very expensive car, i've spent heaps on it and it's definitely the best car here.."

"Whatever dude, where's that Mk1 with the BBS wheels....."
    Thank god someone got it. I thought youd be the first, man.

Rocket, Its all about relativity. You own an R36 worth circa $65k and for the sake of argument, lets say your salary is $100k (say car = 65% of salary).

with that sort of cash available, i'm thinking you could safely relax and afford to cough up a bit more for cars.

and besides, my comment was more focussed on their blinkered vision rather than their fiscal management skills
    We have some hard core enthusiats here!

I don't realy think you guys get the whole car obbsesion thing, you just don't know that love people feel for their cars.

Besides that, you would look 10 times more poofy driving a Fezza than you would driving a HSV. Dont get me wrong it would be fun but id still jump in to a mk2 at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Manaz View Post
    So an in-joke at the expense of a member/former member?
    Banned member.
    Last edited by Spyda; 10-07-2009 at 04:58 PM.
    MK1 GLS 3door
    A4 B7 2.0T

Users Country Flag

hahahaha... You missed my point too. You can turn a decent amount of money ($10million) into an even BIGGER decent amount of money if you DON'T waste it on exotic super cars.

Regarding my circumstances, you're sort of close but the tax breaks from the car essentially mean it almost pays for itself after 5 years.

Guess who will be getting some that night.

wow i must be the most boring person on the planet if i won 10mil i wouldnt even buy a super car. id be very happy with the up coming r20t,.......heavilly modded of course super cars just atract far to much thivery and idiots wanting to drag you at the lights.

though if i won 100mil thatd be differant,............ id be thinking f1 mclarren, or a nice stallion or lambo (the obvious choices)

as for the original joke i must be the most thickest person on the planet,........i seriously dont get it.
    Last edited by Treza360; 11-07-2009 at 09:33 AM. Reason: language...

Quote Originally Posted by mikepologti View Post
    as for the original joke i must be the most thickest person on the planet,........i seriously dont get it.
    It doesn't matter what car you drive.. If you're a complete wanker.. People still won't want to talk to you..

APR Tuned | KW Suspension | INA Engineering | Mocal Oil Control |
    Email: chris@tprengineering.com

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by SoVeReIgN View Post
    Guess who will be getting some that night.
    Not if they're driving a Clubsport..
    2002 Volkswagen Bora V5 - 2007 Mazda 3 GT - 1998 Ford Contour Sport - 2010 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T - 2013 Volkswagen Passat 130TDI - 2015 Ford Escape 1.5 - 2016 Subaru WRX - 2018 Volkswagen Golf R Wolfsburg Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Preen59 View Post
    It doesn't matter what car you drive.. If you're a complete wanker.. People still won't want to talk to you..
    yep too true

After I have won the $30m on Powerball tonight I will be buying a classic car, keep your supercars thank you.
    Rex

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast