Thread: <- Marking your old threads SOLD and Closing them down

Users Country Flag

<- Marking your old threads SOLD and Closing them down

Did you know after you sell an item you can mark it sold as well as close the thread so you don't continue to get replies and questions?!

EDIT: If the system wont let you do this PM me with a link to the thread and I will close it for you.

It's very easy, just open up your thread and edit the first post by hitting the edit button:

Then hit the "Go Advanced" Button:

Now you can change the prefix to SOLD (or change the State) and down the botton is a little tick box called "Close this thread" which means no one else can post in there any more.

If you have any problems, please use the report post function or PM a link to the post in question to me and I will look into it.
    Last edited by The_Hawk; 19-02-2013 at 07:33 PM.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    Ha ha, was wondering what the test thread was in the parts for sale section
    06 VW 9N3 Polo GTI - Reflex Silver Leather/OEM Colour coded S/guard/OEM Lower Honeycombe Grille/NSP Boost Gauge/APR Stage 1+,Dogbone & DP/K&N filter/Forge s/shift,DV008 & Strut brace/PD 160/Samco camo TIP/Whitline RSB/FK AK's/17 x 8 Oettiger RE's/Alpine Head Unit & Sony Amp. OEM+FTW

omg. have looked for the check box a million times!
    awesome. Now to go close all my old threads

Quote Originally Posted by dylan8 View Post
    omg. have looked for the check box a million times!
    awesome. Now to go close all my old threads
    Do you see it because i still can't see it. Even when I go into advanced edit. Hmmmm

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Do you see it because i still can't see it. Even when I go into advanced edit. Hmmmm
    There is something screwy going on in there. Will PM you to discuss.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    dont believe you can change the state once replies have been made.
    '02 GTI (clicky) - REFLEX SILVER - VIEZU race tune. VAR design 2.5inch stainless steel dump pipe with 100cell cat into 2.5" billyboat stainless cat back, Forge TIP, N75, Audi DV, ghetto CAI, FK-AK s coilovers, tunerdone LEDs, Clarion CZ301E sound stage.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    The theory is you can, I have tested both with and without replies and had it working but it seems for some users it just flat out refuses to work (or only works sometimes). I'm tinkering away in the background trying to get things working properly.

In the mean time, just use the "report post" button (little exclamation mark under each post) to report your own post telling us that it's sold. That way we get a link and a message asking for the thread to be closed. Hopefully I'll have the system sorted out properly soon.

Not working for me.

If you're checking, please close my sale thread (NSW 42DD Steath Catch Can)

I couldn't get this to work either. I could change the title, but that doesn't change in the main for sale section either, only when you view the thread. No option to alter the prefix either.

I did have the option to close the thread, which I did. Should have reported it to you first though so it could have been properly marked. Will remember this for my other FS threads.