Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why no passenger electric seats?

Users Country Flag

Why no passenger electric seats?

When we got our Golf R we were disappointed to discover that the passenger front seat does not have electric controls, only the driver does.

And it looks like even the Arteon R Line is the same. I would have expected it in a 60-76k car.

A scam of Carsales seems to reveal that we have to step up to Audi, Merc, or BMW to get this feature, which is a huge jump in cost.

Why on earth did VW do this?

Ben
    Now: ‘19 VW Golf R, ‘15 Polo GTI
    Before: ‘06 RenaultSport Megane 225 Cup, ‘14 VW Polo GTI, ‘12 VW Golf GTI, ‘06 VW Golf GTI, ‘05 VW Golf Sportline, ‘01 Holden Astra SRi, ‘00 Nissan Pulsar SSS, ‘99 Holden Astra CD, ‘98 Nissan Pulsar SLX, ‘91 Nissan Pulsar GL with Q engine swap, ‘80 Subaru Leone
    Ben

2015 Polo GTI & 2019 Golf R

Users Country Flag
    Electric seats in both my cars mate...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag
    My Tiguan has both seats electric.

Wife has adjusted it once in 12 months and only ever had one other person sit in it who didnt bother
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 25-02-2020 at 09:36 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

How many times does a passenger change the seat position? Mine could be bolted to the floor for the number of times it has been changed and not having the seat electric is a weight saver as well as a money saver. My orevious car had an electric passenger seat and why it did escapes me because it was hardly ever utilised.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    That makes sense, but then how often do you change the seat position on the drivers side?

Ben
    Before: ‘06 RenaultSport Megane 225 Cup, ‘14 VW Polo GTI, ‘12 VW Golf GTI, ‘06 VW Golf GTI, ‘05 VW Golf Sportline, ‘01 Holden Astra SRi, ‘00 Nissan Pulsar SSS, ‘99 Holden Astra CD, ‘98 Nissan Pulsar SLX, ‘91 Nissan Pulsar GL with Q engine swap, ‘80 Subaru Leone
    Ben

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by BenT View Post
    That makes sense, but then how often do you change the seat position on the drivers side?

Ben
    All the time for me. My wife and I share our GTI, and the driver seat and mirrors adjust automatically depending on whose key unlocks the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BenT View Post
    A lot due to three different drivers, thank god for memory seats. Just as a matter of interest, pull out an electric seat and find out how heavy it is, you will be very surprised.

Save the weight, who cares what the passengers thinkWhy no passenger electric seats?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    A lot due to three different drivers, thank god for memory seats. Just as a matter of interest, pull out an electric seat and find out how heavy it is, you will be very surprised.
    My R has three memory positions. But my FIL’s Forester has only 2. Would be a fun fight in your household who gets the memory positions.

Ben
    Ben

Users Country Flag

Why no passenger electric seats?

More importantly why the #### do the seats not fold almost flat!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2010 MY11 GOLF R - 5DR | DSG | RISING BLUE | DYNAUDIO + ACC + BLUETOOTH + 19s + RNS510 |

2017 MY17 TIGUAN HIGHLINE - 5DR | DSG | PEARL BLACK | SUNROOF + DAP |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast