Definitive Car

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is wrong with the forum lately - extremely slow and locking up when posting

Users Country Flag

I also have massive delay's posting. After clicking post or after clicking add photo, it can take a long time to actually respond. Its quicker to refresh the screen than to wait for the post to be "posted".
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Strangely this morning when I first opened the forum and typed a reply the text was a word slow in appearing and then it actually didnt appear as a reply I refreshed the page and tried to post the reply again and it said I was too soon so it obviously had registered the first one but not posted it ..

At the time my computer would have been doing an automated virus and malware scan so Im not sure which was the cause but it usually doesnt interfere even on here

EDIT
    It posted this instantly.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    I'm yet to see weirdness on my end, but I have been looking into alternative hosting arrangements as well as potentially upgrading the forum software. That last one being the real concern since it's a one way process and I need some dedicated time to do testing (like when I'm not at my day job).

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    Mine has been Ok since this morning

Having problem here as well… every time I try to load section in the Forums and replying something I have a huge lag and takes ages to even show something on the screen. Also, as soon as I load VWWatercooled website the fans on my Mac goes crazy. I have to type what I want in World and copy and paste if I want to write anything (even that takes ages)

Users Country Flag
    Is there any particular section people are trying to access where the problems seem to happen to see if I can narrow it down?

I'm still digging on the issues, but still haven't encountered them myself which makes it hard.

Load averages look good: 0.53, 0.68, 0.72

I get an email any time there is a database timeout which does happen from time to time, but will result in an error page on the client side (and usually pretty quickly). It also tells me which user it's for, and it's almost never for a logged in user (definitely not for the recent ones I've just checked too) so it's probably not that side of things.

I'm going to try a few more things to see if I can resolve the problems before taking more drastic measures.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    OK, update time.

I might found the issue with a long-standing plug in that I updated in January and completely forgot about.

I've made that change at a global level, so it would be great if I could get feedback on if things are working like they should now.

Failing that, I've also created a new test style which should kill off any/all modifications I've made to the code over the years. It's a bit of a nuclear option where I would have to build back up from scratch all the little modifications. But it's always an option.

If I can get some feedback on if the changes I've made to the default style(s) are working. No need to test both, they share the same configuration save for the fixed width: VWWatercooled V2.0 or VWWatercooled V2.0 (Fixed Width)

If you're still having issues, I've temporarily enabled the test style and reverted everything back to its stock form which means some things will be missing, but core functionality should still be there. This should rule out anything I might have broken, but I there is a good chance I've found the culprit.

To change styles, down in the very bottom left of the page there is a drop down to select different styles/themes. Go in there and select "VWWatercooled - Test View", this should revert back to a default vanilla, unchanged theme.

Users Country Flag
    Have mainly been in the TIG forum and only once had a slow page and upload reply and yesterday was a bit slow uploading a reply but only a few seconds slow. Hardly noticeable from my computers and I dont use a phone to access anything

Users Country Flag
    That's what makes it strange, it doesn't seem to be consistent or affecting everyone.... you know, the best type of issues to hunt down

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hawk View Post
    That's what makes it strange, it doesn't seem to be consistent or affecting everyone.... you know, the best type of issues to hunt down
    This is a test reply - will update to advise whether it posted as normal or with delay.

As for which are of the forum it happens, doesn't seem to matter to me.

EDIT: This one posted as normal (eg no delays). yippee. Thanks Hawk. Will test some more over the coming days and advise.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast