Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Show

7 18.92%
  • Go

30 81.08%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What comes first, show or go??

Well my first mods (in order) were filter, brakes, seats, suspension, APR flash, intake, then the Cupra lip and finally wheels. Body is standard.

'Go' it is!
    Cheap, Fast, Reliable. Choose two.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyda View Post
    Yeah thats what i initialy thought, GO as in power for speed. More so something you can use on the streets than have to wait for the track.
    lol!!! my car has NOOOOOOO speed in a straight line, i'll be the first to admit that, gladly...

but bro, i know what my piece of sht polo diesel can do... so do josh and greg.....

im busting at the seams, trying not to pretend that my car doesnt go well in "spirited" driving - im also a member of a drive club that includes evo 7-9, CLEEEAAAANNNN skylin r33 GTR's, bmw z4, E46M3 etc.....

yes, my car is ****..... but its not that bad ....... i even get a few kind words from peeps with FAR superior cars...

my fcking peace of sht diesel, with a ''gay'' 350nm of torque, exiting EVERY corner from gembrook to marysville over reefton at the apex, is... yes... weak.

i've been worse places. this ''other'' car club that im a member of, appreciated the little VAG tdi with open arms... yep.... 392awkw r33gtr... and the guy isnt cocky?!?!?! wow... apparently that's uncalled for.... lol im over it. image is good. i'd rather grit my teeth at true fun akin to what i posted.
    Last edited by Buller_Scott; 14-01-2012 at 03:17 AM.

Well my mk3 is a ****box but I always spent money on looks (wheels, big drop, vento front end) but now I'm slowly collecting parts for a 1.8t conversion so I guess that puts me somewhere in the middle?

Users Country Flag
    Need a new poll

Where do you (honestly) enjoy your car the most?
    1. On the race track
    2. At the drag strip
    3. On a windy road in the hills/along the coast
    4. Poncing about at the local cafe/shopping strip
    Resident grumpy old fart
    VW - Metallic Paint, Radial Tyres, Laminated Windscreen, Electric Windows, VW Alloy Wheels, Variable Geometry Exhaust Driven Supercharger, Direct Unit Fuel Injection, Adiabatic Ignition, MacPherson Struts front, Torsion Beam rear, Coil Springs, Hydraulic Dampers, Front Anti-Roll Bar, Disc Brakes, Bosch ECU, ABS

Users Country Flag
    -SHOW- like people have said I Would of lost My licence or even worse..
    Maybe if I lived in German with the Autobahns it be a different story.
    - VITS 2016 24th April -
    Albury nsw Search vits on FB
    @vitsvw @vdubin_

I'm in the middle

I've spent a fair bit on wheels and quad exhaust which would be show

But I've also spending a fair bit on my turbo upgrade to hit 200kw flywheel which is impressive for a p plate sleeper

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk
    Audi A3 1.8 T
    aiming for 200kw atw
    http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...-8t-71747.html

WIth my current car I think the first thing I did was change lights and seats etc, along with sound system, and then maintance. So I suppose show. Theres no go to get out of a 66kw (at the fly, when brand new..) 1.8L haha. Have been working on a built up vr6 swap and refreshed front suspension though, and did convert the rear to discs pretty much straight away

So far the results are kind of how I expected them with the newer model cars having spent more on go than the older ones, well that's how it seems to me at least
    2014 Golf GTI PP - Pure White

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Buller_Scott View Post
    lol!!! my car has NOOOOOOO speed in a straight line, i'll be the first to admit that, gladly...

but bro, i know what my piece of sht polo diesel can do... so do josh and greg.....

im busting at the seams, trying not to pretend that my car doesnt go well in "spirited" driving - im also a member of a drive club that includes evo 7-9, CLEEEAAAANNNN skylin r33 GTR's, bmw z4, E46M3 etc.....

yes, my car is ****..... but its not that bad ....... i even get a few kind words from peeps with FAR superior cars...

my fcking peace of sht diesel, with a ''gay'' 350nm of torque, exiting EVERY corner from gembrook to marysville over reefton at the apex, is... yes... weak.

i've been worse places. this ''other'' car club that im a member of, appreciated the little VAG tdi with open arms... yep.... 392awkw r33gtr... and the guy isnt cocky?!?!?! wow... apparently that's uncalled for.... lol im over it. image is good. i'd rather grit my teeth at true fun akin to what i posted.
    Yeah i get what you mean. Had the same thing in the GTI, people in nicer cars giving props for how well it handled, even scared a few people who drove big V8s and turbos in the GTI with its handling.
    It was fun driving it spiritedly but kindo felt like a tool because the car was so slow.

I guess the mk1 can handle prity well but i never really tried it, ive currently got a short ratio box and twin 40s are on the way, also 280mm brakes and rear disks are going in so i guess there all GO bits but I don't see it that way tbh, its more a "just coz" mod.

I got the SS for the real GO I can actually use, don't care to much how it looks. No point making my VW faster when for the same money it would cost to buy a 1.8T motor i could run a 12sec 1/4 in the boat. Not much better then being relaxed in a couch-like driver seat while you pull past someone who thinks they have GO as their spine gets a work out from the suspension that cost them as much as the SS and the sound of their buzz box performance exhaust is drowned out by the thunder of the 8.
    In that case its all mods on GO bits but not at the sacrifice of comfort or daily drivability.

I don't see why the polo is ****? I mean i get its not an Audi S5 but that doesn't make it ****.
    Last edited by Spyda; 14-01-2012 at 05:33 PM.
    MK1 GLS 3door
    A4 B7 2.0T

hey spyda how's things?

i guess a lot of what i wrote was out of... angst? listen... my car isnt fast in a straight line - i know that.

it's not even a very competent/ coherent package...

when i call my PRIDE AND JOY a piece of isht, it's because of my worst fear - if the little bstard gets written off, i'll probably only get $12k for it, and to me, it's worth MUCH MUCH more than that.

yes, it's humble.

yes, it's slow.

other people (who i know) look beyond the detailing that i do and call it a piece of poo poo, but the thing is... i really dont care.

i will ufcking smash them up around reefton - they'd better have spent $50k on their HSV or FPV, or it's not worth my time... anything less, and i have seen, through experience, that i will spank 'em after 2-4 corners, depending on the car.

why is my car a piece of doo doo? i know where it stands. i attract NO attention, but it gets the job done... but that's precisely the same reason why im in love with my clack clack clacky little diesel - spyda, for real - i bet you cant even pick my car at the next dub meet, i fly THAT low under the radar... and i wouldnt have it any other way...

p.s. mate, i have much respect for cars OUTSIDE my scope - which MOST are.

i only bought this little piece of crap to get to buller and back 30 times a season, cheaply... i didnt know that with a few grand in modds, i would be able to obliterate p-plate kooks in stock WORKS (in australia, they're called dubblyew ahrre eckssess)

((pps im a wee bit tipsy, but i mean well ))

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234