Definitive Car

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weird car sale experience

weird car sale experience

i had a very weird car sale experience. i would prefer to post in van section, but i think its more relevant here.

i think it may be possible the same entity has bought other cars like this. so if anyone has had this experience please contact me. it may be nothing but just damn curious.

i will only say enough info for anyone that had same experience to realize. please dont respond to this unless you think it also happened to you.

this was not a scam, it was something else. but dont know what

info#
    was paid in full by bank deposit(S). (if it happened to you , you will know what i mean)
    have no idea who gave me money or who/what i sold car to
    didnt meet a single person throughout whole transaction
    if this has happened to anyone else recently, please contact me.
    thankyou

and before you ask, i have considered calling the police or terrorist hotline regarding my experience. but i cant 'actually' be sure that anything was wrong. it just appears wrong.

Users Country Flag
    So if you didnt meet anyone how did the car depart and are the transfer papers filed in and deposited with TMR.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    That is odd - but I guess if you have received the money then you are in the clear?!?!

So has the car actually been picked up yet (even if it was a transport company that collected it).

Same question as above, what have you done with the rego papers and the RMS? They need to be transferred over to "someone".
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Just need to file the disposal notice and send the other half with the car.

Personally I would have deregistered the car similar to selling interstate if they wanted completely non-contact.

That way there’s nothing to come back on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Also I hope it wasnt a Paypal deposit as there is a scam going with that where they show a deposit and it actually is a fake notice
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by jfoldbar View Post
    was paid in full by bank deposit(S). (if it happened to you , you will know what i mean)
    have no idea who gave me money or who/what i sold car to
    didnt meet a single person throughout whole transaction
    What would concern me in all of this is the fact that the onus is on the registered owner to notify the RMS of the disposal of the vehicle and advise the new owner's details. If you don't know who you sold the vehicle to, you are unable to do that.
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

i also posted this on another forum. and i already have 180 replies of curious human minds. so will tell enough details to satisfy curiosity. there will be some stuff i cant say though

so to answer a few questions,

i dropped the car off to a location (scrubbed out on google maps)requested by new owner. key was hidden for him to find. papers were inside.
    i lodged notice of disposal with rms before i took it there.
    the "company name" on notice was just a number. (google cant find)
    the "address" on the notice, is a train station in sydney cbd
    the "address" of company owner (human name) is the same address as train station, but in a small town behind the black stump.
    i received money in full prior. as cash deposits to my account. i immediately transferred money out, to different bank
    Last edited by jfoldbar; 07-05-2020 at 04:54 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by jfoldbar View Post
    i also posted this on another forum. and i already have 180 replies of curious human minds. so will tell enough details to satisfy curiosity. there will be some stuff i cant say though

so to answer a few questions,

i dropped the car off to a location (scrubbed out on google maps)requested by new owner. key was hidden for him to find. papers were inside.
    i lodged notice of disposal with rms before i took it there.
    the "company name" on notice was just a number. (google cant find)
    the "address" on the notice, is a train station in sydney cbd
    the "address" of company owner (human name) is the same address as train station, but in a small town behind the black stuff.
    i received money in full prior. as cash deposits to my account. i immediately transferred money out, to different bank
    That is freaKing bizarre.

But do you have any kind of written agreement exchange by mail or email? When I used to live in my property in Germany I sold one car like this, literally I got paid through a bank transfer and send key by local express post. But the title of the car was transferred later and it was ok, I had no issues.
    Last edited by Lellore; 24-06-2020 at 12:46 AM.

Users Country Flag

This is very odd and on face value (and without experience in fraud outside of sitting through some related hearings) I see it as much more likely to be something fishy than not. My guess is you've been the victim of a laundering exercise and the funds you've received are proceeds of crime. Either that or your former car is off to do something illegal, with you as the last real human owner, or already has.

Surely you had contact with a human at some point and some connection can be made using the phone number they used or email or bank account?

So you have thousands of dollars in your account that you don't really know the origin of?

You could see if you can make enquires using the VIN or number plates to see if the car is still registered for a start. Or run a PPR search on it to see if an interest has been registered against it (more for clues than anything else).

To be honest this situation sends a shiver down my spine.

I hope you're all good and I'm just being a cynic but please be critical of these sorts of transactions and protect yourself more thoroughly in future.

I don't know much about this sort of thing. But if you need help strategising I'd be happy to give you my 2c for all they're worth (probably only 1c).

If it were me I'd be taking two approaches:
    1. Making efforts or recording information that distances me from the car. Every little detail about the transaction, save every ad you've had up, and do every follow up incl the disposal paper work, cancellation of rego etc ...what ever needs to be done.
    2. Proactively but discretely trying to get clarity on the situation. Search email addresses that were used, addresses, people, phone numbers what ever trail they left. Google the location even it may have been used before. - I'd do what I can safely - report what ought to be reported and let whatever relevant authority know (police?)

Not advice. Possibly paranoid and over- thinking it. Food for thought.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast