Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: weird car sale experience

To be honest I’d just let sleeping dogs lie. He’s done all he needed to as a seller. Why would you go investigating a potential criminal organisation?

Honestly it sounds like you’re dealing with someone from another country that doesn’t know anything about Australian customs or way things are done here.

Probably the only other thing you could have did me is unregister the car, take the plates off and leave it there on a permit.

Truth is you’ll never know and a number of scenarios you never want to know. Just as long as you don’t get dragged into something later but as the previous poster said just keep all the hard evidence you can of it so you have a solid story if anything comes back at you later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    It's done now so there isn't too much you can do at this point. Even dealing with an extreme germaphobe in a non contact way due to COVID19 this still is a little odd.

If you had taken it all at face value and walked away that would be one thing... but now you know the names/addresses don't quite add up it starts to make me wonder at what point you actually *should* be doing something about it?!?! On one hand, there is no obvious crime here. You sold a car, received payment, then followed (semi) reasonable directions which due to COVID19 may be reasonable.

Checking beyond that makes you ask questions... I mean you could lodge a police report... but for what? As tigger has said, keep all the documentation of what happened, save it for the (hopefully never) later that ever comes.

Could that number of been a drivers licence number and they have confused what they are putting into the form?
    Last edited by The_Hawk; 13-06-2020 at 11:26 AM.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hawk View Post
    It's done now so there isn't too much you can do at this point. Even dealing with an extreme germaphobe in a non contact way due to COVID19 this still is a little odd.

If you had taken it all at face value and walked away that would be one thing... but now you know the names/addresses don't quite add up it starts to make me wonder at what point you actually *should* be doing something about it?!?! On one hand, there is no obvious crime here. You sold a car, received payment, then followed (semi) reasonable directions which due to COVID19 may be reasonable.

Checking beyond that makes you ask questions... I mean you could lodge a police report... but for what? As tigger has said, keep all the documentation of what happened, save it for the (hopefully never) later that ever comes.

Could that number of been a drivers licence number and they have confused what they are putting into the form?
    As above, it seems strange and a good one to make the community aware of.

You got the money and sold the car, did all the paperwork in the correct manner. There's no point in chasing it up after the fact, if anything ever happens you need to post here so others don't follow the same path at all.

Don't look into it and don't look back, that way if anything were to happen you can claim negligence.. I mean you literally sold a car for cash payment, their details are their responsibility and not yours. As long as you've sorted the rego, etc out I don't really see any issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12