Support VWWC

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warning about Barloworld VW Glen Waverly

Glen Waverly were rude to me even when I was looking to buy a Golf. Burwin (FernTree Gully) is way better if you can make the trip.

All Barloworld experiences I have had have been unpleasant and rude.
    Audi S3. Sold
    Golf R. Sold
    Citroen DS3 Dsport. Sold
    2016 Skoda Octavia RS Wagon.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I guess I'm not that surprised by the responses, had I bothered to search around a bit online I would have gone elsewhere and maybe avoided all the unpleasantness of yesterday.

In regards to going higher up, I walked out after the service manager told me the only reason I complained is because I was too tight-ass to pay for new wiper blades. If anything I wouldn't want to consider myself a push-over when it comes to things I understand, but in principal if you sell a car with problems, fix it and apologise so that the customer will keep going back to you.

Anyway, the car is going great beside the few niggles!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dening View Post
    Have you all completed the online service surveys from VW?

I mentioned a few things were off once and I wasn't completely satisfied, someone from VWA called me the next day to get more info.
    I would most definitely suggest doing that, but also let the dealer ship know at highest level as well. this way they get the feedback directly and also you let them know you will be also running to mummy and letting vwa know via their online surveys ! most car companies send through a survey after any service and follow up pretty well on them.
    Once had a Red mk6 GTI + DSG + leather + sunroof + mdi + towbar

now have a gorgeous Red Merc A250 AMG Sport

Or just email them a link to this thread

Barloworld Five Dock Service Department Manager, Damien, or something, appeared to have no interest in, or empathy for, customers and adopted an exquisitely anti-customer, pro-Barloworld don't-give-a-**** attitude from the outset. In fairness to him though, he was probably an ex-mechanic who was not educated past year 10.

Users Country Flag
    barloworld glen waverly and moorabbin are the top 2 vw dealers in Australia, based on sales...
    and i really dont think their price is low, like i have posted in other topics, i got 40k for my 103TSI with paint and all options, but both barloworld vws were not even close to that...
    probably thats why they are rude and etc...because they are too big.
    MY14 Golf MK7 103 TSI Highline | DSG 7 spd | Pacific Blue | Bi-Xennon | Sunroof | Driver Assist 2 | Leather |
    MY12 Passat B7 118 TSI | DSG 7 spd | Silver |

Users Country Flag
    My experiences with Barloworld are the same. Car Sales and Servicing are worlds apart in customer engagement.

Servicing at Barloworld Five Dock is a nightmare. They stuffed up my brakes and no-one has been able (or wanted) to fix them on the return visits. And try getting the shuttle... ha, YOU need to ask about the timetable don't expect to be told. So, on a day when it was literally raining cats and dogs, I ended up getting public transport from Burwood station and getting drenched. (I thank the bus driver for his help ! Thumbs up to him!). So, I've never gone back. [PS: A friend of mine just bought a car from there, I've told him to service it elsewhere.]

I have similar experiences with Barloworld Mascot, but I will be honest and qualify that it is the service counter staff that lack that decorum when dealing with customers (whereas I've found the mechanics to be highly intelligible and down-to-earth). Ask a tough question, then it's straight to the manager. Challenge the service cost (luckily at the counter before the service), then you're told (and I quote Helen M) "you can collect your car from outside".

When I draw an analogy to my role, my employer relies on the sales staff to engage and take the time to understand and please the customer. If those guys can't perform their job, then there will be no work for me to do. THE SAME GOES FOR BARLOWORLD .... Be rude to your customer and he won't come back. And if they spread the word about the poor customer experience, then your reputation will erode away...

Users Country Flag
    Never buy any parts from them, just as well im a calm person otherwise would have knocked the old p**** out. Spoke to me like a piece of s***. Saying my part numbers are rubbish. Some people deserve to be treated a lesson. Word of advice the worst dealership on that side

Just a question...

You bought the car back in 2013, how long before you took it back regarding the wipers issue? Vw only cover the wipers under the bulletin if the vehicle has it reported within 1000km of new. Otherwise it is deemed a service item.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast