Definitive Car

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VWA - "Peace of Mind 3 Year/45,000km Free Scheduled Servicing"

Users Country Flag

VWA - "Peace of Mind 3 Year/45,000km Free Scheduled Servicing"

Just having a quite browse of the VWA website whist waiting for the delivery of my ordered Golf MK7 (ETA first week of August) and I found this:

Volkswagen - Peace of Mind

Has anyone availed of this offer yet ? How does it work ? What is the likelihood of my dealer giving me this deal if I ordered in late June ?
    Golf MK7 | 110 TDI | DSG | Highline |Limestone Grey | 'Rotary' Wheels | Driver Assist

Users Country Flag
    #Available on new stock vehicles ordered and delivered between 1 July and 31 August 2013. Excludes demonstrator vehicles. Free scheduled servicing is for 3 years or 45,000kms, whichever occurs first. Free scheduled servicing does not include wear and tear items or additional work or components required. ‡Conditions apply.
    I'd say you are out of luck but can't hurt to try asking your dealer about it.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by team_v View Post
    I'd say you are out of luck but can't hurt to try asking your dealer about it.
    It can't hurt to ask I guess... I'd be interested to see what other people who've ordered feel about this ?
    Golf MK7 | 110 TDI | DSG | Highline |Limestone Grey | 'Rotary' Wheels | Driver Assist

Users Country Flag
    Our new Passat Alltrack was ordered back in March, delivered on Tuesday this week. We got the 3 years free servicing.

Depends how your dealer handled the paperwork. The Mk7 Golf we got on June 14th obviously missed out
    Last edited by Eaglehawk; 10-07-2013 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    Our new Passat Alltrack was ordered back in March, delivered on Tuesday this week. We got the 3 years free servicing.

Depends how your dealer handled the paperwork. The Mk7 Golf was got on June 14th obviously missed out
    Sorry to hear about the MK7 missing out but good news on the Passat Alltrack, I'm going to try and see what I can do.

Users Country Flag
    When they say wear and tear and components required are they essentially saying they will only cover the labour side of the service? Free is always a good thing but people have to be mindful of the real value of what's free.

First 3 services for a Golf petrol DSG are: $405, $405, $465 = $1275

For simplicity's sake let's say labour is 50%, so you are getting $637.50 free.

Now remember that during EOFY sales, a $35k car can be had for as low as $28k driveaway. If within July and August you buy the same car for anything over $29k, you would have just paid for the 3 year service anyway. So it's not really "free". The cost just got transferred to the more expensive purchase price.

Think about this carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggyboy View Post
    When they say wear and tear and components required are they essentially saying they will only cover the labour side of the service? Free is always a good thing but people have to be mindful of the real value of what's free.

First 3 services for a Golf petrol DSG are: $405, $405, $465 = $1275

For simplicity's sake let's say labour is 50%, so you are getting $637.50 free.

Now remember that during EOFY sales, a $35k car can be had for as low as $28k driveaway. If within July and August you buy the same car for anything over $29k, you would have just paid for the 3 year service anyway. So it's not really "free". The cost just got transferred to the more expensive purchase price.

Think about this carefully.
    It's reasonable for the consumer to assume the phrase "scheduled servicing" to mean everything that is to performed during a service as per the manufacturer's requirements. This would include items with specified replacement intervals, such as oils, fluids or filters for example.

Wear and tear, in the context of scheduled servicing, should mean items that are not part the service schedule, and such items usually don't have a specified replacement interval, like brakes, tyres, clutches, wiper blades or light bulbs for example.

IMO, it isn't reasonable to exclude the cost of oils, fluids and filters (with a specified replacement interval) if the deal is promoting free scheduled servicing. They may be considered wear and tear or consumable items, but they're part of the manufacturer's scheduled service and are meant to be replaced accordingly. They might as well come straight off the bat and state "parts and oils not included".

However, your point still stands in regards to how this promotion, and the potential savings it provides, should be carefully considered with the vehicle's final purchase price.

Thanks for this. My Mk7 is arriving in Aus around 22nd August - ordered back in April . I'll be away the first week of September, so was thinking I'd take delivery when I get back, but if I pick it up before it looks like I get "free" scheduled servicing (plus parts, etc, etc). I'll be talking to the dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by cathaldinneen View Post
    Just having a quite browse of the VWA website whist waiting for the delivery of my ordered Golf MK7 (ETA first week of August) and I found this:

Volkswagen - Peace of Mind

Has anyone availed of this offer yet ? How does it work ? What is the likelihood of my dealer giving me this deal if I ordered in late June ?
    Good news, my dealer confirmed I'll qualify for this offer and we'll enable it on their VWA system. Made my day !

Users Country Flag

Thanks for posting cathaldinneen.
    I didn't know about this offer, I'm picking up my car tomorrow and will be asking the dealer about the offer.

Here is a copy of the ad that I found if any one else is interested.
    http://www.solitaire.com.au/m/docs/vw.pdf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast