Definitive Car

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are VW dealers serious about sales?

Users Country Flag

Jon, Maroochy were FANTASTIC with me, I made a time and went in and drove the GTI, TDI and TSI as much as I wanted, stayed there for almost 5 hours. Drove a few twice! They pulled (my) GT TDI from wrapping plastic and prepped it for a drive for me while I waited, purely on their recommendation that I'd like it. I remember scoffing at the time of the thought of a "performance" diesel, yet they went to the trouble. Plus they offer their own dealer warranty if you return there for servicing. Yeah it's a dealer warranty, but it's a nice touch. Perhaps it's simply the fact I'm such a good looking, charismatic guy, but surely it can't always be due to that.

Also Toowoomba won dealer of the year last year, and I've heard good things about them too.

Seems if you take a drive out of the smoke ( into the dust? ) the "country" folk are a bit more keen to help you out. It sure made for a fun, run in, drive home through the mountains!
    Last edited by Greg Roles; 02-10-2009 at 03:30 PM.
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by neil View Post
    Its the same old story George.
    It makes you think if VW dealers where actually interested in selling cars their National sales would look better.
    Just like you, how many people are out there who gave up on the brand due to the dealer.

Took me 5 dealers to be able to even get a ride.
    Parra no
    Gosford no
    Hornsby no
    Newcastle no
    Chatswood yes

I had not decided whether I wanted a Golf or Jetta and was told by the first 4 to come back for a test drive
    when I had decided which one I want.

Thankfully I plan to keep mine for many years to come and wont have to deal with another dealer for years.

Perseverance George, If you have gone back looking for another VW you must realize the brand is good.
    Why not look at a decent motor this time, I think the Jetta now has the 77kw TDI with 7speed DSG.
    You'll be a real VW convert then.
    That's pretty ordinary isn't it Neil. Yes, I do think the VW product is good but I will now be considering other brands because customer service is as important as the product and to be frank I don't think the VW dealers deserve to get the sale.

Not sure I'm man enough to handle 77KW!

Cheers

George
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

Latest Development

Got a call from one of the four dealers at about 11.30 AM and had a discussion about availability and price. So far he is about 2,500 above the indicative price from the first dealer but will pay him a visit tomorrow and see what happens.

Got a call from another dealer (the one that promised to quote but didn't when I was looking to buy the Jetta). He promised to check stock and call back in 20 minutes......that was at 1.45 PM.......nothing since.

VWA.........their response has been no response! Why am I not surprised?

Cheers

George

Quote Originally Posted by static1800 View Post
    Have you guys spoken to management about your experiences? i'm sure they would be very interested in your feedback, if they arn't escalate it further to VWA
    I'll be contacting the DP of those dealers after I buy a car (whether it be a VW or not) to explain why they missed the sale.

I e-mailed VWA yesterday, no response.

Cheers

George

I think part of the problem is VWA
    When I first bought the car I did the VWA survey thing and let them know my experience,however no response from them.

I've read many post with VWA issue and getting nowhere with them either.
    True Neil, I've read a number of posts re similar issues with Skoda Australia, the common factor is VWA. The culture appears to be one of disdain for customers and a change in culture can can only be driven from the top down.

Cheers

George

Users Country Flag
    I think part of the problem is VWA
    +1

It really feels like they couldn't give two ****s.

Sunroof // ICT Tint // Seats // Steering wheel

I know where you're coming from, George..

If you want to go for a Drive... Try Iverach VW in Dubbo. Wonderful people to deal with. I bought the Caddy from them, because after shopping around they were the ONLY dealership that would play ball with me and they were excellent (I wouldn't even go near West Orange Motors.. Useless mob of wankers.).

I've only taken the Caddy back to Iverachs for the gearbox warranty job and that's it, but they had no hesitations and didn't jerk me around either time (first time was for GB oil and second time they put new synchros in it etc). I called them up and said hey here's the problem and they basically said yep no worries when can you bring it in. They gave me a loan car to drive back to orange the second time when it had to stay for a couple of days no questions asked too.

APR Tuned | KW Suspension | INA Engineering | Mocal Oil Control |
    Email: chris@tprengineering.com

thankfully i didnt have the same problem up here on the coast infact when i put in an enquirey dealers were falling over them selves to sell me a car, to the point they were near on spaming my email and phone inbox. then again i brought my car at the beginning of the credit crunch ( due to necesity) so maybe that changes things. im starting to think car dealerships are very much location orientated, with regards to there sale techniques and even politeness. though i very understand where your coming from, if a dealership was making me do all the chasing and not returning calls. id be going else where.

Use a Broker

I used an online car broking firm (am prepared to name them). Got excellent service and they shopped all over Oz for the best deal. I live in Townsville and bought the car from Wodonga (great service), had it trucked to Melbourne, flew wife and I to Melbourne to pick it up and still saved $2000 over local stealers price.

Best of all I had no hassles as all the haggling was done by broker. I just had to say "yes" when they got back to me with their best deal (its all done by putting the job out to tender, usually as part of a larger overall order).

You have absolutely nothing to lose by giving them a go as it costs you nothing!!!!
    Granite Passat sedan TDI (125kw), DSG, beige leather
    Candy White Polo 6R, 66TDI, DSG, no options

Users Country Flag

There are a number of closer alternatives, like Cambelltown, Moss Vale and Woollongong that may have more of a non city attitude.
    2015 Multivan Highline
    1969 Sunbeam Imp Sport 930cc

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast