Page 156 of 157 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157 LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1569

Thread: Volkswagen under investigation over illegal software that masks pollution

It will come down to what the manufacturers are willing to make. Wile we as users think that the diesel is a great and wondrous thing and I am the first to admit that if the Tiguan was available with the bi turbo motor I would have my cheque book out right now.

In Europe the vehicles are taxed by emissions out of the exhaust pipe and also by the FLEET AVERAGE not just by the vehicle. If they can reduce that average by ditching the worst emitting motors and producing zero emitting motors it won't take a brain surgeon to work out what is going to happen, you and I are not going to be able to buy a diesel, end of story. For all the defense of diesels here the reality and trend is unless Bosch quickly bring their latest stuff to the production line which they announced some time ago the trend away from diesels will continue and the politicians will continue to be politicians and ban the motor within cities. The WLTP compliance has introduced more complication and VW for whatever reason has been caught out big time so they have been forced to reduce their model line at least in the near future and possibly a bit longer. I don't think it should surprise anyone if some of that model line never returns TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by frantic View Post
    Vw convert, your 4th paragraph contradicts itself.
    The survey was used to test the reality, not the other way around.
    The reality is that in the UK/EU car diesel sales have dropped over 20%. The survey just confirms the consumer mood....
    What your trying to deny is like a person saying a disease doesn’t exist because of the 2000 surveyed only 50% thought it did , while in reality hospitals and doctors are treating and prescribing enough medication for 35-40% of the population.
    I’m other words actual figures , you know like sales data, registrations, and manufacturers numbers , don’t match your “opinion”.
    But this sounds like VAG management when the initial emissions data was released,,,, “ no it’s all wrong , nothing to see here, theses figures are all untrue”......
    As to diesel or not, if I had a choice we would have gone V6 with direct injection lpg, on our last 2 cars, but no choice.
    Perhaps you should learn to read. My comment was that the survey does not support the sensationalist headline and I made no comment that denies diesel sales have dropped, quite the contrary I stated "There's clearly a move away from diesel both by sales data and legislation".

Nothing I wrote was supportive of diesel engines or in any way a denial of the health effects of diesel engines, merely a comment about the media being loose with reporting facts and that surveys can and often are designed to arrive at a pre-determined result.
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

Users Country Flag
    VW Convert's account was clearly, temporarily, hacked by none other than Tony Abbott.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Users Country Flag
    However "correlation does not imply causation". Just because two events have occurred together does not establish a cause-and-effect relationship.
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI
    1996 Vento GL (white) - RIP

Users Country Flag
    That does not meet the scientific definition of causality.

That is like the Mad Monk saying anthropogenic climate change is not happening because he has looked at photos of the sea level at Manly Beach over the last 100 years and he cannot see a change in the sea level.
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI
    1996 Vento GL (white) - RIP

Users Country Flag
    Interestingly the Left agenda of climate change makes a lot of noise each time it gets hot somewhere, but goes very quiet each time it gets cold - and bases it on less data than even a causal analysis of diesel sales decline.

Is the climate changing? Yes, always has. Will it be resolved by the Left's wet dream new world order of blaming - lol carbon - no.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Users Country Flag

Status of the Diesel emissions case

The updates from Maurice Blackburn have dried up and the case has been going since 19 November 2015, nearly 3 years ago.
    Will the owners of affected vehicles ever be fairly compensated?

Quote Originally Posted by frantic View Post
    Which contradicts the second half of that paragraph :

but the media will always use sensationalist headlines to paint the picture they want painted, the sample group could in no way be claimed to be representative of a substantial proportion of UK motorists. “

It is representative when the sales statistics line up with the survey result, it’s called correlation !
    There's no contradiction whatsoever, as always, you're not reading what is written, just what you want to think is being written. You’re one of those people who would argue that black is white just for the sake of it, usually referred to as a troll so this is the last time I will ever read or respond to one of your posts. As much as possible, I’ll try to put this in words of two syllables or less so you will understand it.

The headline:-

Half UK motorists want diesels gone from the roads

The evidence “supporting” the claim:-

“A poll of 2,000 UK drivers found that 29 per cent want diesels prohibited from all roads , while a further 23 per cent would support them being kept out of built up areas”
    “Sales of new diesel cars have fallen for 16 consecutive months and were down 24 per cent year on year”

The analysis:-

29 per cent want diesels gone from the roads
    23 per cent favour limited restrictions so by definition do not want diesels gone from the roads
    From this we can calculate that the remaining 48 per cent do not want diesels gone from the roads

The conclusion:-

It’s patently clear that the evidence does not support the headline, the survey found only 29 per cent of the survey group want diesels gone from the roads and therefore 71 per cent did not want diesels gone from the roads. The reduction in sales of diesels is a fact that evidences diesels are becoming unpopular but that fact in no way supports the argument that 50 per cent of UK motorists want diesels gone from the roads unless plucking numbers out of one’s backside has become an accepted method of statistical analysis.

/ Discussion
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

Users Country Flag
    You lacked a chart.

Volkswagen under investigation over illegal software that masks pollution-pie-jpg

Volkswagen under investigation over illegal software that masks pollution-dilbert-jpg

Users Country Flag

LOL, oh dear, still not reading in context and going off on a tangent.

I'm out after this as well. Bye Mr Lefty - you keep reading that Guardian.

Volkswagen under investigation over illegal software that masks pollution-franticlol-jpg

Page 156 of 157 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157 LastLast