Page 93 of 157 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast

Thread: Volkswagen under investigation over illegal software that masks pollution

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Elmura View Post
    Today's news. Used Cars - New Cars - Search New & Used Cars For Sale - carsales.com.au
    Is this a legal firm going nuts? How the hell can they drag Bosch into it for aiding VW? It's like dragging Apple into a terrorist act coz their phones were used to provide the ability to video the act, communicate with other terrorists, or remotely trigger an explosive.

Revhead by nature
    Its called covering all the bases and maximising sources of settlement.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Bosch provided software with the ability to disable/enable functions for testing purposes. Just as the Motronic fuel & ignition module allows the engine tuner to alter those parameters based on MAF, throttle & O2 sensors. The final implementation by the engine tuners is not Bosch's responsibility

Revhead by nature

Users Country Flag
    Now 96 pages of supposition by bush lawyers and others Why dont we all just wait and see what happens.

Its like Rachael Hunters hair it wont happen overnight but it will happen
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Elmura View Post
    Bosch provided software with the ability to disable/enable functions for testing purposes. Just as the Motronic fuel & ignition module allows the engine tuner to alter those parameters based on MAF, throttle & O2 sensors. The final implementation by the engine tuners is not Bosch's responsibility

Revhead by nature
    As I understand it, (and I may well be wrong) the software was written to detect when the vehicle was being tested and switch the engine to a "test" mode with lower emissions only to revert to normal operating mode and emissions when the software detected that the vehicle was no longer being tested. In that case, Bosch must surely be viewed as a co-conspirator.

I agree with Hillbilly though, it's all supposition and we all have to wait and see.

Cheers

George
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

Users Country Flag
    VW kyboshed tighter tests – Car Reviews, News & Advice - CarPoint Australia

The email, uncovered by the advocacy group Corporate Europe Observatory, proved a Volkswagen senior executive writing to the European Commission (the EU’s executive body) saying that: “Such topics must be deleted.”

Though the executive’s name has been edited out, it runs counter to the Volkswagen Group’s new-found commitment to ethics, transparency and accountability. Volkswagen has refused to name the executive responsible for the email, though sources at Volkswagen confirmed its veracity.

“We cannot agree to a regulation including undefined topics like cold start or high speed,” the email stated.

Why VAG, WHY ???

Why can't you just do the right thing and obey the rules like others.??

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalgam View Post
    Why VAG, WHY ???

I don't see anything wrong with what VW did in this circumstance. In all policy development, parties lobby and negotiate in their own best interests. This is no different to the food industry lobbying over health labelling, the hotel industry lobbying over lockout timings or unions lobbying over stop work provisions. In the end, all policy is a compromise to balance the positions of stakeholders, while hopefully still meeting regulatory aims.
    Daily: 2010 Tiguan TDI | Candy White | Manual | 4MOTION | New York Wheels | Comfort Pack | Tinted Windows | Discover Media | MkVI MFSW | Mk7 Climatronic | RVC | Fog Lights | ECB Nudge Bar | Hella 160 Driving Lights | Rola RBXL135 Cross Bars | To Do: Colour MFD
    Toy: 2008 GTI Pirelli | Sunflower Yellow | 3 Door | DSG | Pirelli Wheels | RNS-510 | 9W7 Bluetooth | RVC | Rear Sensors | Fog Lights | To Do: Mk7 Climatronics, MkVI MFSW, Colour MFD

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by VW Convert View Post
    As I understand it, (and I may well be wrong) the software was written to detect when the vehicle was being tested and switch the engine to a "test" mode with lower emissions only to revert to normal operating mode and emissions when the software detected that the vehicle was no longer being tested. In that case, Bosch must surely be viewed as a co-conspirator.

I agree with Hillbilly though, it's all supposition and we all have to wait and see.

Cheers

George
    Supposition, suppository.... they both should both get shoved up the clacker and disappear. Let due process take its course, I say.

1981 Honda Civic hatch. Proper AUTO REVERSE cassette player. AM/FM with Stereo speakers. Four (yep, FOUR!) speed manual. Full cloth trim seats. HALOGEN lightbulbs! Factory options fitted: rear wipers and washer, "Go Fast" wheel covers & electric front windows.

Quote Originally Posted by VW Convert View Post

Cheers

George
    Bosch's legal position in this saga will surely be tested in the courts and by regulators. They will have to explain why if they knew their software could be used for illegal purposes in production vehicles, they continued to supply Volkswagen with the engine management system containing this software. Isn't this collusion? It seems Bosch's culture is the same as Volkswagen's, where profit and market share rule above all other considerations. Their practices must change to restore market confidence in their names.

Quote Originally Posted by Amalgam View Post
    Why VAG, WHY ???

VW were not breaking any rules (well not this time), this was a discussion about what would and would not be included in forthcoming legislation. All businesses have the right to have input into what should or should not be included in legislation.

As for the wording of the report by Carpoint.com, it's sensationalism at it's worst, typical of journalism today.

Cheers

George
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey1 View Post
    Bosch's legal position in this saga will surely be tested in the courts and by regulators. They will have to explain why if they knew their software could be used for illegal purposes in production vehicles, they continued to supply Volkswagen with the engine management system containing this software. Isn't this collusion? It seems Bosch's culture is the same as Volkswagen's, where profit and market share rule above all other considerations. Their practices must change to restore market confidence in their names.
    There's only one question Bosch needs to answer, in my opinion.

"What was the intent behind writing of the code identified as the "defeat device"?

1981 Honda Civic hatch. Proper AUTO REVERSE cassette player. AM/FM with Stereo speakers. Four (yep, FOUR!) speed manual. Full cloth trim seats. HALOGEN lightbulbs! Factory options fitted: rear wipers and washer, "Go Fast" wheel covers & electric front windows.

Page 93 of 157 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast