Page 91 of 157 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast

Thread: Volkswagen under investigation over illegal software that masks pollution

Ok. Couldn't be bothered reading all the responses on this subject as I suspect they would be similar to a another forum I frequent that has 3 or 4 threads running covering this tripe.
    Nobody on the face of the earth is saying VW has done the right thing (except maybe WV management, but it has always been a fact that the fish stinks from the head down) but IMHO the more peeps go and on about this, by keeping it in the media and public domain, that is alone will have a far greater effect on their resale value etc then the original wrong in the first place.
    Personally, where there's a blood sucking lawyer (yes, there are some good ones) involved I run for the hills as you can bet your last dollar there will only ever be one winner, and it won't be you.
    I have 2 VW diesels and the cook and I love them. I also think I would be stupid enough to go again as I feel dollar for dollar they are a little ahead in quality build and driving enjoyment when comparing against their opposition, howbeit being European they are outrageously expensive to repair.
    What I fear most is that if all this legal action etc brings VW to their knees then the new wheels I buy from them may not have all of the bells and whistles and improvements over the outgoing model that I expect it to have because the rug has been out from under R&D.
    I just read somewhere that Toyota spend $1,000,000 an hour on R&D so I suspect VW would be/were in a similar boat to keep up with or ahead of the pack.
    I finishing, I suggest mods to lock down all of these negative threads; for the whingers to suck it up; and for all other peeps to get out there and enjoy driving your rides.

I'm done, have a nice day. Volkswagen under investigation over illegal software that masks pollution

"You don't know what you don't know"

Cheers dave

Users Country Flag
    So not a forum
    Just a 'fan' base?.!.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by bluey View Post
    I personally am not expecting any negative value with fix.

Maurice Blackburn needs people to sign up before they know what the "fix" and VW's compensation might actually be. Otherwise, they may not get any money for their preliminary work if they end up with no case.

VW I expect has expensive lawyers who will be giving them advice on how to avoid compensation payouts, because that is a cost with no value to the company. VW will be more likely to spend money to keep customers happy and loyal, especially where this is "paper money" which costs much less to VW to give than real money compensation.

On the radio early on, the MB lawyer suggested that it was the "lead applicant" in the class action that was committed to paying the costs of the action. Presumably, in reality, they try to get everyone to ante up a bit.

In all legal matters the only certainty comes with a settlement by negotiation or a court judgement which will take years.
    The class action is at NO COST TO THE PEOPLE WHO JOIN IT MB take the risk and I have it in writing this is so
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Can anyone point me in the direction of a technical document from VW discussing the European 2.0 tdi engine? Is it different from the US 2.0 tdi engine?

Has anyone taken their 'impacted' vehicle in for a service at VW & been asked of approval of any power adjustments?

I'm not too worried about all this, but feel VW should be informing those with 'impacted' vehicles of what to expect once they take their car in for a service.

I for one will make it VERY clear that they don't make any changes to my vehicle when I bring it in for its first service next week.
    MY16 MK7 Golf GTI
    - Manual - Sunroof - Folding Mirrors - Lock/Unlock Chirp - 4x Indicator Flash - Traffic - MK7.5 LED Tail Lights with Sweeping Indicators - Dynablink Sweeping mirror LEDs - White LED's on rear rego plate -

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    The class action is at NO COST TO THE PEOPLE WHO JOIN IT MB take the risk and I have it in writing this is so
    A member pointed out on another forum that if a judgement were not to go your way, all those who sign up would be liable to bare all court cost.
    I have no idea if this true as have no intention of signing up, but don't go in blindly.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch, and there ARE lawyers involved.............

Cheers dave

So ummmm with the fix being identified as a 30 minute repair that won't effect either power or consumption figures, why are you all still complaining? :S
    Volks Handy
    Servicing - Repairs - Diagnostics - Mobile fault scanning/clearing - A/c work
    10 years experience working for Audi/VW/Skoda
    Now in Perth NOR, Western Australia.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Snail Style View Post
    So ummmm with the fix being identified as a 30 minute repair that won't effect either power or consumption figures, why are you all still complaining? :S
    Because, as weonarok said above:

Quote Originally Posted by weonarok View Post
    There's no such thing as a free lunch
    In this forum I have been a vocal advocate of a pragmatic approach, which involves consumers accepting that the fix will be a reasonable solution to remedy concerns and trusting that the authorities will deal with the breaches by the company and its officers appropriately; however, as I stated earlier I have somewhat changed my mind:

Quote Originally Posted by arcadelt View Post
    ...given the video on the fix I am now seriously considering joining the class action, because like others I cannot believe that a company and its officers would be so stupid to risk billions in shareholder value and customer goodwill when the fix was so simple. It really makes me wonder what is actually going on under the public affairs spin, especially in regards to the regulatory negotiations, and perhaps class actions are the best way to get to the bottom of it all and not see the millions of individual consumers the only ones standing at the end of this high-stakes game of musical chairs.
    Daily: 2010 Tiguan TDI | Candy White | Manual | 4MOTION | New York Wheels | Comfort Pack | Tinted Windows | Discover Media | MkVI MFSW | Mk7 Climatronic | RVC | Fog Lights | ECB Nudge Bar | Hella 160 Driving Lights | Rola RBXL135 Cross Bars | To Do: Colour MFD
    Toy: 2008 GTI Pirelli | Sunflower Yellow | 3 Door | DSG | Pirelli Wheels | RNS-510 | 9W7 Bluetooth | RVC | Rear Sensors | Fog Lights | To Do: Mk7 Climatronics, MkVI MFSW, Colour MFD

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Snail Style View Post
    Ask yourself why VW cheated if it only involved a simple tweak of the ECU.
    Power will be reduced.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by weonarok View Post
    A member pointed out on another forum that if a judgement were not to go your way, all those who sign up would be liable to bare all court cost.
    I have no idea if this true as have no intention of signing up, but don't go in blindly.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch, and there ARE lawyers involved.............

Cheers dave
    The only ones gambling in a 'class action' are the lawyers who take a % of the damages awarded if they win (they have to have enough complainants to make the total winning pile add up, to cover costs and profit).
    THEY gamble on winning, not forgetting that the defendant has admitted fault, and will cover their own costs if they lose.

Page 91 of 157 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast