Page 45 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Volkswagen under investigation over illegal software that masks pollution

Users Country Flag

Today's
    'The Conversation'
    "VOLKSWAGEN FALLOUT SHOWS HOW NOT TO MANAGE A CRISIS"
    Global cost prediction €100B.
    Its an academic 'business' perspective.

Only time will tell but I think VW would be wise to offer extended warranty to all owners affected and also increase the warranty period on new cars in Aust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    B6 Passat Wagon No KESSY

Quote Originally Posted by OilBurna View Post
    Only time will tell but I think VW would be wise to offer extended warranty to all owners affected and also increase the warranty period on new cars in Aust

The latter is certainly what I'm hoping for...

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

I see in the US they have 5 years on the powertrain

B6 Passat Wagon No KESSY

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    Why would I be, what a nonsense to post?
    Well, to be fair you do seem to have a vested interest in VAG staying afloat in Australia vis-à-vis MRL Automotive Service? You can't exactly be going around saying VAG is crap now can you?
    Last edited by Eaglen00b; 09-10-2015 at 11:03 AM.

1981 Honda Civic hatch. Proper AUTO REVERSE cassette player. AM/FM with Stereo speakers. Four (yep, FOUR!) speed manual. Full cloth trim seats. HALOGEN lightbulbs! Factory options fitted: rear wipers and washer, "Go Fast" wheel covers & electric front windows.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglen00b View Post
    Well, to be fair you do seem to have a vested interest in VAG staying afloat in Australia vis-à-vis MRL Automotive Service? You can't exactly be going around saying VAG is crap now can you?
    The mear survival of small urban diesel is doubtful over the next couple of years when people tally up the costs associated with keeping the increasingly complex engines serviceable.
    i was wondering which vehicle would be a 'keeper' - I now know.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OilBurna View Post

VW have a very low customer satisfaction rate based on repairs costs, probability of breakdown etc. This already meant the better Golf gave way for Mazda,Kia etc sales so now the VW Brand is even more damaged than the previous DSG bad press, surely to make the most of the bad press is to follow it up with full page ads offering engine warranty on affected engines and 5 year warranty on ALL new VWA vehicles.

It probably won't happen unless the CEO in Germany see's fit to do it worldwide. The issue being car makers don't make much money selling cars, the main profit driver is spare parts. My EGR / EGR cooler failed last month, cost $2900 ($1700 spare parts) fortunately extended warranty claim . So extended warranty would boost the brands value, sales but the warranty claims would hit profits. Many a dealer knows how bad VW cars are for failure compared to Toyota, but hey give me a VW Group Vehicle to drive anyday than a boring Toyota.

Time we start a Diesel Group pro forma letter that as many owners send to CEO of VWA & VWG requesting the above action!
    TIGUAN MY09 103 TDI auto, White,18in Alloys,MDI ,Bk Leather, Comfort Pack, Park Assist, Fog Lights, Sun-roof & Tow Bar / VW roof racks running Goodyear Assymetric 2 Tyres
    GOLF 7 MY14.5 Pure White,TDI Bi-Xenon, S/roof,Adaptive CC, DAP, Leather, Pirelli Tyres

You can do the financial modelling to death but I think the bed to come out with a decent offer for current and future customers sooner rather than later understanding that they are still working on the details of the fix for each model which will no doubt be complex but imho they need to start saving face

B6 Passat Wagon No KESSY

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayman View Post
    VW have a very low customer satisfaction rate based on repairs costs, probability of breakdown etc. This already meant the better Golf gave way for Mazda,Kia etc sales so now the VW Brand is even more damaged than the previous DSG bad press, surely to make the most of the bad press is to follow it up with full page ads offering engine warranty on affected engines and 5 year warranty on ALL new VWA vehicles.

It probably won't happen unless the CEO in Germany see's fit to do it worldwide. The issue being car makers don't make much money selling cars, the main profit driver is spare parts. My EGR / EGR cooler failed last month, cost $2900 ($1700 spare parts) fortunately extended warranty claim . So extended warranty would boost the brands value, sales but the warranty claims would hit profits. Many a dealer knows how bad VW cars are for failure compared to Toyota, but hey give me a VW Group Vehicle to drive anyday than a boring Toyota.

Time we start a Diesel Group pro forma letter that as many owners send to CEO of VWA & VWG requesting the above action!
    If, like me, you love the diesel type performance/economy, look no further than the current Peugeot 308 1.2 triple......don't laugh I guarantee you'll be amazed at the petrol burning but diesel performance.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ryeman View Post
    If, like me, you love the diesel type performance/economy, look no further than the current Peugeot 308 1.2 triple......don't laugh I guarantee you'll be amazed at the petrol burning but diesel performance.
    Peugeot has always made good diesels. BMW and PSA joint developed the Prince engine which is based heavily on the PSA TU series. IIRC the team that tested the TDI that started this whole Diesel-gate saga also tested a BMW diesel that passed, no?

Volkswagen under investigation over illegal software that masks pollution-12096436_10205097266051931_4812348181977251143_n-jpg
    Current ride: 156 GTA https://youtu.be/HmKwwCwGrVg https://youtu.be/y-kgE4HyWzk
    Current Project: 405 Mi16 2.045L http://goo.gl/ha5jLL
    Past rides:306 GTi6, 405 Mi16, Series 5 RX-7 TurboII, E30 325i

Page 45 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast