Definitive Car

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Volkswagen Group recalls more DSG vehicles

Users Country Flag

So my mechanic did not disassemble anything but noted an oil leak that could be from the pressure accumulator thing mentioned in the recall. He didn't charge me and advised I tow it to VW so at least they can check if it is the same issue then decide who I want to repair it depending on if VW is paying.

VW has indicated from initial 1 hour diagnostic that it is an issue with the mechatronics. I know my car is not in that recall either but it was built only 2 months after the affected cars in 2011 and has the same DQ200 box. Worried it might get really expensive now.
    Last edited by SgtBatten; 25-10-2019 at 02:34 PM. Reason: more info

My beetle is. Listed as outstanding so expecting VW to make contact.
    Tig 162 R-Line; Audi TT

Users Country Flag
    So they have given me a preliminary quote. If I should take this to another thread please let me know.

Their words.....

checked and confirmed no drive, found to be stuck in reverse code as well as excessive pressure codes. Removed mechatronics and inspected selector forks and magnets for swarf. Selectors ok and not excessive swarf - all ok. found mechatronics has internally failed and will require replacement.

found oil leak to be mechatronics fluid leaking through breather due to excessive pressure build up, mechatronics replacement will fix this issue.
    2.5 hours for diagnosis and removal of mechatronics + 3 hrs to replace @ $180. $900
    mechatronics +trans oil, screws, bolts and plug $2106.50
    +GST of $300.65

farro4069 Guest
    What was the outcome of your post. A similar thing happened to my wife's car a 2012 Golf TSi. It is subject to the recall and was booked in for today. However, yesterday she was driving along at 60 or so and heard a thud, but there was no bump and lost power, spanner flashing. She managed to coast to side of road, but with transmission fluid spilling out. It was towed to VW service place today who will replace the faulty Pressure Accumulator Housing, under recall, but that is all.
    My question - is the failure of the transmission yesterday related to the faulty housing, or just a coincidence?

Users Country Flag
    Stay tuned - Audi A1, A3 and TT yet to be added...restaurant games

Quote Originally Posted by oliviaivy337 View Post
    Stay tuned - Audi A1, A3 and TT yet to be added...restaurant games
    MODS Please remove spam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12