Support VWWC

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: URGENT abandoned Golf on Gold Coast with Tas rego.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by G-rig View Post
    I should go and get it, need a daily driver.

Just kidding, i hate how pricks just leave unregistered or broken cars sitting on the side of the road for months.. should own up to their responsibilities and get rid of it properly.
    Fair go. We don't even know the circumstances yet. Hope he hasn't met with an untimely demise.
    MY16 Touareg 4.2Lt V8 TDI/Pure White LED lightbox/REDARC Brake Controller/ Racechip/iDrive Throttle controller
    2008 GOLF .:R32/5DR DBPE DSG/SUNROOF/RNS510/PRIVACY TINT/CONTI SC3s/MILLTEK CATBACK NON-RES/9W2 BT/"MYR-032"

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by fact hunter View Post
    look for a large piece of jerky on the seat or floor.
    roflmao

Edit. I'd say it was sold to a QLD person and they never re-registered it.
    Last edited by evorobin; 05-01-2010 at 08:20 PM.

Users Country Flag
    I'll be needing a new project car shortly too.....
    Last edited by Greg Roles; 05-01-2010 at 08:13 PM.
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by cogdoc View Post
    I need a new project car shortly too.....
    Do yourself a favour Greg, spend the time eating Mcdonalds, it will be better for you than a MK1.

Gavin

Quote Originally Posted by FJ Steve View Post
    Fair go. We don't even know the circumstances yet. Hope he hasn't met with an untimely demise.
    Notwithstanding I'd like to hope the owner is ok and nothing bad has happened (being from TAS is a bit odd).

However it's usually a case of: rego lapses, car is in too bad a state for a roadworthy & the owner doesn't want to spend another cent on it and probably didn't ever put oil in it, and doesn't want to pay for a tow truck to dump it.

There was an old car sitting outside of our work for months and also one at home so you get sick of seeing them and taking up parking spots.

Quote Originally Posted by h100vw View Post
    Do yourself a favour Greg, spend the time eating Mcdonalds, it will be better for you than a MK1.

Gavin
    Yeah too old and too crap unless you can find a very very good example.

Users Country Flag
    Tas don't need inspections, so it is only about the cash.

I'd like some parts off it though, like the bumpers!
    2015 Multivan Highline
    1969 Sunbeam Imp Sport 930cc

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    There was an old car sitting outside of our work for months and also one at home so you get sick of seeing them and taking up parking spots.
    On the other side of the coin, my brother had his Datsun 1600 wagon (rare as hens teeth) parked outside his place for ages cos he got a new car and had nowhere for the Datto. It was unreg and the neighbours complained about it a few times. Eventually it went AWOL (taken by council, stolen??) and my stupid brother did nothing about it.
    '76 Mk1 Golf - Gone!
    '05 Mk5 2.0 FSI Sportline

Quote Originally Posted by greasykitchen View Post
    On the other side of the coin, my brother had his Datsun 1600 wagon (rare as hens teeth) parked outside his place for ages cos he got a new car and had nowhere for the Datto. It was unreg and the neighbours complained about it a few times. Eventually it went AWOL (taken by council, stolen??) and my stupid brother did nothing about it.
    Yeah that's a shame but probably his fault, they usually don't take it away for a fair while though.

Mustn't have been too valuable to him if he didn't re register it and left it on the street, but may not have been as easy as that for various reasons i suppose.
    Last edited by G-rig; 05-01-2010 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by greasykitchen View Post
    Gotta be a member to see the pages. I tried to sign up but the confirmation code thingy was just a red cross

Any details on the ownership that you might be able to share??
    walshydub posted a photo of it parked in a different spot on dec 22nd. so couldn't have been sitting near that zebra crossing for too long, week or two max.

a guy named nate-mk1 owns it apparently. he drove it up from tassie. fair way! was going to send him a pm but he hasn't been online for 18 months.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Yeah that's a shame but probably his fault, they usually don't take it away for a fair while though.
    Whatever the case, it's far too late now. That car would be worth a bit now. Even the sedans are rare (he previously wrote off one of those, too - a nice original, straight one with a vinyl roof ).

Quote Originally Posted by joshyd-mk2gti View Post
    walshydub posted a photo of it parked in a different spot on dec 22nd. so couldn't have been sitting near that zebra crossing for too long, week or two max.

a guy named nate-mk1 owns it apparently. he drove it up from tassie. fair way! was going to send him a pm but he hasn't been online for 18 months.
    Yeah he's been banned apparently so the plot thickens
    '76 Mk1 Golf - Gone!
    '05 Mk5 2.0 FSI Sportline

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast