Thread: Toowoomba Range Bypass

Toowoomba Range Bypass

Hi to Brisbane members. Has anyone driven on the new Toowoomba Range Bypass ? I was wondering if its worth trying while there is no toll. Is it interesting scenery wise ?

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    Hi to Brisbane members. Has anyone driven on the new Toowoomba Range Bypass ? I was wondering if its worth trying while there is no toll. Is it interesting scenery wise ?
    It’s really great, highly recommend! Drove that way from Brisbane back to Melbourne after Xmas. Would have loved to try from the other direction too. It traverses the range, with stellar views and the a big viaduct(s).

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    I drove through there around 2 weeks ago on our trip out to Winton.
    My Toll "beeped", so I assume I am getting charged ($2.30 for cars)...
    The crossing was only "Toll Free" for the first 3mths, Tolls came into effect from 9th December 2019.

But yes it was pretty good, great views. Unfortunately there are 90km/h speed limits most of the way and still quite steep.
    So all the trucks (which now must use it) along with Caravan's are still unable to maintain this speed...

There are also "Point to Point" cameras installed.

Considering its a brand new road project, the road surface could have been better...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)