Thread: Thanks and good bye VW Watercooled!

Users Country Flag

Thanks and good bye VW Watercooled!

Just wanted to say thanks for the decade or so of helpful posts in this community, and I just wish I could say I felt this way about VW group too.

I've owned several VW's since registering here, but after 2x diesel pollution scandals, killing puppies with fume experiments, not selling electric here (clearly a move just to grab gov't subsidies on overpriced electric cars) and now the sale of the Electrify America network as a loop hole to avoid the most of the first set of punishments, it's time to say good bye to VW.

And hello to the now $59.5k Model 3 Tesla. Coming from a Golf GTI which I loved for the time, it's clear combustion is last century's tech when a base trim electric is a far enjoyable drive than a designated hot hatch, not to mention these benefits:

• No DSG hesitation
    • Always in the "torque range" since there are no gears at all it's always got optimal torque.
    • 10ms reaction time on the accelerator
    • No stopping at servo's
    • Leave home with a full tank every day
    • One pedal driving
    • built-in Auto-steer is amazing
    • Total cost of ownership is less than a golf GTI due to not paying for fuel and maintenance.
    • It's a far better chick-magnet too haha!

Do yourself a favour and test drive a Model 3 if you are at all shopping in that price range of ~$50-$80k. Or don't because sometimes it's better to not know what you are missing

Once again thanks for all of your help over the years, hopefully this helps some of you back

Users Country Flag
    Congrats on the new car and goodbye. Tesla's are quite amazing cars, but not for me. I'll be sticking with a combustion engine for as long as I can.

Hope you enjoy the new car.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

I just wish the Skoda Enyaq ? Was sold here. Having said that when you have no state government incentives to go EV, or if they exist they still get you by having to pay some surcharge per KM.