Support VWWC

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Supporting VWWatercooled

Guest1306 Guest

As a dealership we were denied the opportunity to Sponsor and or Advertise on VWWA.

As a member, I have personally signed up to contribute my $25 to the forum.

As a dealership which is active in its assistance and contribution of the forum, may I just say that if the opportunity should arise in the near future to sponsor the site, then we, Wangara Volkswagen, Perth: WOULD BE INTERESTED.

Quote Originally Posted by WEDEL.1 View Post
    Aaron, at least have the conviction of you decisions....you have denied the sponsorship of many VW Dealers, and now to make up the shortfall, you want the member to pay up....that's not on!

The Ėnthusiest should be protected from any costs for participation in this Forum. This Forum is VERY important to promote "New(er)" Volkswagens, and to promote a "Brotherhood" among these Members.

Maris
    This is in no way a forced paid membership, it is a donation to our community to help it grow and continue to run. No one gets a super secret paid members only area or anything like that, it's no different that having a paypal donation form that a lot of sites have but we are giving some rewards for peoples kind donation.

Not sure what the issue with this would be?
    76 MkI 3 door - daily drive/project - 1.8 5speed
    76 MkI 3 door swallowtail - 16v track car
    76 MkI 3 door "long term" project

Dont poke and hope, scan, smoke and scope
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    relax man!

He is just asking people to show their support. Its not compulsory. Your vwwatercooled experience wont change if you dont contribute!
    I see it as just a chance to put something back into the site that so many get so much out of. I think its a great idea.
    Sorry but im with Tim here.I think its a good idea. And by the way my inbox be full?????Never!!! hahahah im sure a few members will have a chuckle at that. I hate deleting stuff from my inbox. Give me more PLEEEAAAAASEEEEE. Im in Aaron for sure where do i sign?????????? And im happy to contribute to the site anyway sponsor or not.
    I pay money for the same thing on a Scottish site, and it has 10 times the members, they are in no way financially in trouble but they do pretty much the same thing as Aaron has proposed really. Ive been a member with them since DOT. I happily donate just to help out really. I realise there is other sponsorship gripes here and i truly hope they can get ironed out. We really need to have a network and not a void to get on here. The more sponsorships and services the better IMO. I do a lot of diagnostics mobile and i network with other diagnostic techs in all fields and really guys its the only way we can make our day go smother. i cant understand why anyone with genuine VW interests or Genuine Vw services get refused sponsorship, but its not for me to go there.
    Jmac
    Jmac
    Last edited by Jmac; 23-04-2010 at 10:04 PM.
    Alba European
    Service, Diagnostics and repairs. Mobile Diag available on request
    Audi/VW/Porsche Factory trained tech 25+ yrs exp
    For people who value experience call 0423965341

Users Country Flag
    I'm with Maris here. If dealerships such as Wangara VW are being denied the *chance to sponsor the forum why are forum members being asked to contribute for extra features. If sponsorship was granted to some third parties such as dealers then couldnt all members have these extra features for free?

edit: *said membership but meant sponsorship
    Last edited by Kiel_GTI; 24-04-2010 at 12:50 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Im not 100% certain but arent dealers free to post up specials after they register as a dealer?
    Doesnt sound like they are being denied anything. Sounds like they are getting sponsorship privileges for free to promote their participation.

PERFORMANCE, STYLING AND OEM PRODUCTS FOR YOUR VW

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by static1800 View Post
    This is in no way a forced paid membership, it is a donation to our community to help it grow and continue to run. No one gets a super secret paid members only area or anything like that, it's no different that having a paypal donation form that a lot of sites have but we are giving some rewards for peoples kind donation.

Not sure what the issue with this would be?
    Sorry to be a stickler - but you should probably be careful calling it a "donation"... Just call it a membership +sticker and no one answered my question if i can get my name in pink....
    (worked with the tax man for waaayyy to long sorry)

Users Country Flag
    Are we able to claim this on tax??
    "If can't get behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them..."

Users Country Flag
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    Are we able to claim this on tax??
    VWWatercooled is not a registered charity, so no. Stephy got it right when pointing out should probably just be called a membership to avoid confusion.

Tiguan TDI, 6spd Tiptronic Auto
    Black, sunroof, comfort pack, off-road tech, tan leather, park assist & roof bars.
    Avg 7.63L/100km over 189,000kms

Users Country Flag
    Jesus Christ, you are a bunch of dilapidated, old, worn out dubbers.

There is SERIOUSLY, nothing wrong at all with having a 'membership' feature. I have gotten a lot of out of this site, so I decided to put a whole $25 () towards the running of this site.

I see that they have recently upgraded to Vbulletin 4 which isn't cheap, and probably took a lot of time to design, plan and execute to ensure there was minimal risk of data loss.

Time = $$$, and I acknowledge that so therefore I like to reward people's efforts.

I'm sure there is a good reason why dealers have been refused sponsorship in the past, but I know that even the business sponsors pay a pretty meager sum to be a sponsor.

People like Maris really need to get off their high horse and realise it's a community, a tight one where the members do heaps for each other (moderation issues aside). You all spend a lot of money on your cars throughout the year, what's $25 to reward time and effort?

TL DR; People are tightasses, I support a membership system to help contribute.

Users Country Flag

Bring on the sponsorship and advertising(banners)from connected and related companies, there is always a lot of chat about supporting local companies and buying australian instead of offshore, i think its a great way to promote local companies and keep us connected with what they are offering.

Quote Originally Posted by Preen59 View Post
    I would have gotten wood from the picture message you sent me.. But I was sniffing Nitro, so i already had it. Hahaha.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast