Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Officially Official: Volkswagen Amarok Pickup Makes The Scene

Quote Originally Posted by gavs View Post
    4) Hilux's are reliable???? Are you kidding??? This is for the comparable diesel model.

120,000kms: Variable vane stepper motor fails or position sensor fails causing the turbo to fail and the car to go into limp mode. Minimum $5500 in parts alone and 2 days labour minimum.
    Master cylinder on brakes starts to lose pressure.
    Synchros in manual gearbox wear out.
    Inspection plate on gearbox isn't sealed, gearboxes fill with water, dust and mud.
    If you think Toyota's are bad!

Maybe I should start filling everyone one in how how bad current VW's models are!

I know who would win this!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gavs View Post
    I've been reading through this post with quite some amusement

To clarify a few points for people:
    Triton, d40 and Hilux cannot.
    Pretty sure I saw pretty much that same quote on the Amarok information on caradvice.com.au.

Gav gets around
    Cheers,
    Mark.
    If it has tits or wheels, it's gonna cost you.
    2016 Mk7 R DSG White : S2T paddles, VWR R600 Intake, VWR Springs, Res delete and custom 4" tips

If you think Toyota's are bad!

Maybe I should start filling everyone one in how how bad current VW's models are!

I know who would win this!
    Please, feel free mate. I'm not an owner of a new VW so I wouldn't know. I know I have problems with my own VW, but a few fault codes and some failed plastics on my car can't compare to the work that has to constantly go into the several Hiluxes in our company fleet.

I'm just putting it out there that everyone is comparing a vehicle that isn't even released yet to another that people think is the ducks guts, which it isn't.

I know, from personal experience with several of the current model Hilux that they are frankly a heap of crap. Toyota rushed through it's development because they got scared about Nissan beating them to the punch with the new European designed D40 Navara, which is even worse than the Toyota for reliability! My last car was a Hilux of the previous model shape and all I ever had was trouble with it. yet, my best friend who has an 80 series Landcruiser has never had a problem with his Toyota, even after drowning it more than once.

Like I said, it's clever marketing on Toyota's part. Just like the old "...built Ford tough...." campaign for the old courier, which was just a re-badged mazda!

Pretty sure I saw pretty much that same quote on the Amarok information on caradvice.com.au.

Gav gets around
    Gav also might or might not work for a company that VAG GMbH has approached about accessories for said new dual cab ute....

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by WABIT View Post
    i want one to put air ride on it and tow my jet ski

dom

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by funkamedic View Post
    now THATS how they should come out of the factory
    VW: it aint just a car, its a way of life
    There are few things more satisfying in life than finding a solution to a problem and implementing it
    My Blog: tinkererstales.blogspot.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by golfworx View Post
    What do you mean "another wave"

You would be horrified by what I see happen to new car's. Not only VW's but all types of cars & model's.

I see VW's that are less than a year old or have less than 30K on them & there are absolutely atrocious! One car actually took our poor car cleaner over an 1.5 hours just to clean the interior & it was still stained beyond belief! It really was that bad. This was also a high spec Passat wagon too!

People just don't care dude. Remember that something like 80-90% of people use cars as transport only! Thats it. Why should they care or look after it!

Not everyone is an enthusiast or into cars at all.

Another way I see abusing cars is having the "so called" enthusiasts buy a VW, BMW or Merc etc& they buy it for there "so called" reliability or most importantly there safety features.

Then they go down to the tyre factory or tempe tyres etc & fit the cheapest nastiest wheel & tyre package they can find & say. Thats heaps better!

But in reality the tyres are no better than blocks of wood!

Yeah real clever! Spend 40-60K on a car & spend $1500 on a wheel & tyre package!
    another wave as in like the transporters & crafters
    tradies will get there hands on them and wreck them
    and wannabe mx riders with put hectic 26'' chromes on and cover them with unit and rockstar stickers

and yer i know what your talking about
    i cry every day when they come in i just want to hit some of the owners

and as you say "they may be only transport"
    but im shore they have a damn vaccum and dust rag oh and some deoderizer lol
    Last edited by chris.; 04-12-2009 at 05:28 PM.
    ---/=========\
    (]/_ O _____ O _\[)
    "'(O8o)=\X/=(o8O)
    '|\===------===/|
    [__|========|__]

Quote Originally Posted by chris. View Post
    another wave as in like the transporters & crafters
    tradies will get there hands on them and wreck them
    and wannabe mx riders with put hectic 26'' chromes on and cover them with unit and rockstar stickers

and yer i know what your talking about
    i cry every day when they come in i just want to hit some of the owners

and as you say "they may be only transport"
    but im shore they have a damn vaccum and dust rag oh and some deoderizer lol
    Sorry to say it dude.

But there already are Transporter, Crafter, LT & Muiltvan abusers & they've been here since they were first released.

Some are unbelievable!

Sure they may have a vaccum & rag.

That doesn't mean crap to them.

Its only a car. Thats it & nothing more.

Enthusiast's will never get why!

Its like trying to comprehend someone spending $20K on a stamp! Yes a stamp! I don't get it, but thats how some people are.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by GoLfMan View Post
    now THATS how they should come out of the factory
    could prob do without the running boards on second thought tho. lol

Here we go with Amarok's test drive for the journos ... notice the Mitsu badge camouflage

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...257686000807E7
    2006 MY07 Jetta 2.0 TFSI Reflex Silver, DSG, Sunroof, Bi-Xenon, Leather

Users Country Flag

Join AVAG now

What is AVAG ?

See my new sig
    - Ben

1961 Karmann Ghia Coupé - 1993 Golf Cabriolet - 2006 Golf Comfortline 1.9L TDI
    2008 Jetta 2.0L FSI

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast