•2012-2015 (Mk6) Golf Cabrio – 2256
    •2010 (B6) Passat – 2509
    •2011-2015 (B7) Passat – 17,741
    •2007-2009 (A4) Polo – 3952
    •2010-2014 (A5) Polo – 5730
    •2009-2016 CC – 4461
    •2010-2014 Eos – 3112
    •2013-2014 Up! – 2296

Along with passenger cars listed above, the 2006-2017 Crafter (10,685) and 2008-2015 Transporter Multivan (18,245) are being recalled.

None are the 'Alpha' model inflators that require immediate replacement.
    Interesting that there is no mention of the Caddy Life or Maxi Life.
    --

Users Country Flag
    Or the Caddy vans.

It certainly has me curious as the Caddy uses the same steering wheel design as the Golf/Polo. The only thing I can think of is that the Caddy come out of the VW factory in Poznan, Poland and therefore may source its parts from a different supplier than the Australian Golf/Polos that usually come from the VW factory in South Africa.
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI
    1996 Vento GL (white) - RIP

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by feenix74 View Post
    Or the Caddy vans.

It certainly has me curious as the Caddy uses the same steering wheel design as the Golf/Polo. The only thing I can think of is that the Caddy come out of the VW factory in Poznan, Poland and therefore may source its parts from a different supplier than the Australian Golf/Polos that usually come from the VW factory in South Africa.
    Just like any other part, for example oil filter, the manufacturer use more than 1 brand, the airbag fitted could be from different airbag manufacturers at different times and if the car is made in different country or on different continent, you’re almost guaranteed that there will be more differences even in the same model.

Users Country Flag
    Here is the link from Skoda, they will provide a tool to check your VIN in the near future. They say no Skoda car has an Alpha airbag fitted.

Airbag Safety Recall

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by frantic View Post
    Really rofl, you don’t understand term “like for like”????
    That means they take out the old decayed shrapnel filled grenade and put in another from the same manufacturer EXACTLY THE SAME.........
    This means they hope it is not as decayed as the one currently there , and maybe it won’t shoot bits of crud into your noggin, but maybe it will as ITS THE SAME ITEM!!! But I’m sure a safety conscious company would ensure it’s not using old stored parts to save a few $$ in the hope that after 5 years or so have passed more of those particular models will have been scrapped so less to replace??? No no one would ever endanger others to save a few $$$ would they??????

They then will tell you in 1-5 years to come back again when they have the NEW redesigned part to replace the defective one....
    Ohh look - the sky is falling, the sky is falling!!! Grow up will you. I know exactly what the term "like for like" means. I even pointed out in an earlier post that the bags will have to be replaced again once a new design is approved (due by Dec 2019).
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Users Country Flag
    Volkswagen (au) have some info on their website now, pretty much the same as the list mentioned above. They say they are working on a tool for owners to check their VIN online which will be available shortly;
    Airbag Recall

Users Country Flag
    Takata is being propped up by the car manufacturers and the Japanese government, to ensure revised parts are issued to the general public.

Unused airbags have a shelf life. They get disposed of once that runs out.

We need to take a chill pill, and wait until VW comes out with a list of cars that are actually affected. We'll all know more within two months at the latest.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

A lot of myth, crap and plain BS being thrown around here by people who know nothing about the problem and how it is being addressed. Mazda is what I am familiar with and all the replacements are recent production which is evident by the condition of the components. Now tell me my son does not know what he is talking about and how you know he doesn't. I asked him the specific question tonight and he said the old manufactured items can be identified by corrosion where the new parts being fitted are still covered in protective oil film and come wrapped in oiled paper.

Users Country Flag
    So what exactly constitutes "areas of high heat and humidity"?

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag

If my memory serves me correctly, originally the problem was discovered in Malaysia then New Orleans, if that gives you an idea of the type of conditions that help give rise to the problem.

Here in Australia, I would think Bris Vegas and north would be equivalent. However, even in southern states if you car is parked out in the weather then you probably get conditions which would cause the propellant to degrade over time (just probably a longer time than in tropical or sub-tropical heat and humidity).
    1997 Golf CL, 2011 Caddy Life TDI, 2007 Golf TDI, 1996 Vento GL (red), 2008 Skoda Octavia TDI
    1996 Vento GL (white) - RIP

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast