I was told all kinds of rubbish by Trivets Skoda in Sydney. In the end they told me there were too many Skodas in Australia and the importer wasn't accepting orders so I had to choose one from their current stock. This was after I had driven from Canberra to Sydney with the cash in my pocket for the deposit. I had no other purpose for the trip and I had spoken to them prior to leaving Canberra and they knew exactly the purpose of my trip.

I was pretty well fuming after that and vented on any public website I could find. Not long after, I received a call from Kinghorn Skoda in Nowra. The sales guy Ryan couldn't have been more helpful. I think I had commented something on their website (not against them though). He asked what I wanted, he told me they could do it, I drove down the same day and paid the deposit. He was a little surprised at how easy the sale was for him. I knew exactly what I wanted, I didn't need a test drive or anything, he didn't need to sell me anything, just take my money.

At the time the wheels I wanted were over a $1700 option in Australia but only 8 pounds in the UK. I had already found out it was because Australia couldn't option them on the vehicle so they had to order a full set of wheels in the style I wanted and then swap them over. Obviously the dealer would usually end up with a spare set of wheels. I asked about them as I was getting mine made to order, could I have those wheels. The order didn't have it listed as an option but they added a note on the bottom and what do you know, my vehicle turned up with the wheels I wanted.

Don't take crap from dealers.

Happy Days