Thread: Injector Flow testing

Injector Flow testing

Ok iv given up

This is my last resort,
    Does anyone know if there is anyone in Australia who can clean and flow test Audi FSI injectors ?
    Iv called up every injector shop and they all say the same thing.
    They don’t have the equipment to carry out a flow test for direct injectors.
    What the hell is going on?
    So does anyone know anywhere in this country where I can just send my injectors to get cleaned and tested before I can install them.
    Being that its going to cost around $190 or so per injector for new ones and I need a total in 10 done, buying new ones is not really a justifiable option.

Users Country Flag
    I got a quote from LG Automotive & Dyno here in Townsville Nth QLD for a decarbon clean of my Tiguan for $900.

That included sending off the injectors for cleaning here in Townsville and I think getting them flow tested.

I don't remember who they said they use.

You can ring them and check if you like.

Thanks mate Ill give em a call tomorrow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think I might just get a ultrasonic clean done and hope for the best. According to the Audi workshop Manual there is no procedure to check conduct a flow test, just mentions to clean them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok for anyone who is following this or stumbles upon this wanting an answer, I found one place in Melbourne who can clean and flow test Audi FSI injectors

Home - Aussie Injectors

For what I understand they are the only ones who can fully service FSI injectors. So hopefully this will help someone out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just digging this up to add that you can obviously flow test your own injectors, perhaps not as accurately as a dedicated test rig and not at service pressure but:

The feed port sans oring/support washer fits nice and snug into standard 3/8" EFI fuel hose, clamp it if you like. Then all you need is a pressurised supply of your chosen fluid (eg injector cleaner). I just used a length of hose sprayed full of degreaser with my air gun jammed in the other end with a gentle trigger finger, but for ten I'd bother building a manifold with a fluid container (think old sealed oil catch can or so)

Then you need to trigger the injectors. I bodged up some croc clips to 4?mm spade terminals from Jaycar (heatshrink mandatory if noninsul) and jammed them on by hand (bit fiddly but gets easier by injector 3...). Pin 2 is ground (not that I think it matters). Then supply 12V. I used an old AA NiMH charger plugpack, which had the lovely side effect of voltage sagging as the piezo activated just enough to shut off the injector, giving me about a 20% duty cycle by default.
    [Edit] if your injector gets hot stop, disconnect. Seek another power supply. I started out using a car battery charger, too much amps obviously.

Last thing you need is a measuring cylinder and a stopwatch. Obvs more than one if you do them in parallel, but do say 3 runs per injector and I doubt your errors would be significant if you run them for a minute or more doing it sequentially.

The only thing a machine does different us automate much of the process and have neat/easy connectors to save time and avoid mistakes when used regularly. The "science" (*vom*) of the procedure is the same.
    Last edited by ProfessorExperimental; 18-05-2022 at 12:54 PM.
    GTI V. Saving for wavetrac