Support VWWC

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: how do rate drivers in your city?

Users Country Flag

The only states I haven't lived in is the NT and WA so driven nearly everywhere and the worst driving is when it rains in tassie. Every one just looses there mind and skill. As soon as a drop hits there windscreen.
    MY16 Candy white Octavia VRS Wagon, sunroof, 19" black pack, tech pack, comfort pack, auto tail gate
    MY12.5 Polo 6R GTI

Users Country Flag
    Looks like there are Sunnybanks all over the world! lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLua...e_gdata_player

Users Country Flag
    Now, for a bit of controversy, I don't find Sunnybank that bad at all. I do live on the south side and see heaps of stupid crap, especially since I own a property at Sunnybank too. I lived in Perth for about a year and found drivers there about the same....until it started raining....then everyone drives 40kph under the limit.

I find Australians have bad road rage. I've lived here for 20+ years, and compared to SE asia for example, good, but in a different way. On the surface, most westerners are scared of driving somewhere like Bangkok because it looks so chaotic. Even though it's chaotic, drivers are all still really peaceful. For example, if a car needs to stop, slow down, do an illegal turn, pickup/drop off passengers etc, nobody is right up your arse with their palm planted on the horn giving you the finger.

In Australia, if you slow down with your indicator on to pull into a driveway, or slow down to look for a house number or shop somewhere, people behind you immediately begin flashing their lights, swear at you and stare you down as they pull into the next lane to overtake you.

Anywhoo, I have two dash cams, front and rear, with parking mode.

I got back from far North Queensland not that long ago and by far, the worst drivers I have encountered across our wide brown land. Tassie drivers are definitely the most suicidal, Melbourne the worst road rage, Sydney the worst tailgaters and disregard for road rules but that top end of oz, it's like they have an instant lobotomy switch in the car. Driving in tailgating convoy at 20kph under the speed limit in the right lane without anyone moving left to go around, tailgating in torrential tropical downpours at 110kph, yet not going past when they have an overtaking lane, they just keep tailgating. Randomly slowing down on highways for no reason, doing excessive speeds through speed zones under 70kph, yet any speed zone above 70kph they won't go any faster than 10kph UNDER the speed limit and worst of all, they can't seem to work out roundabouts... Oh, they also don't look at intersections when they pull out!

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

Users Country Flag
    Having driven in every state bar WA, and lived in Sydney, Darwin, Townsville (twice), a couple of places in Victoria, and Canberra for the last few years, I can say that Canberra has the worst drivers in Australia. Don't get me wrong, I love Canberra, but the drivers are truly atrocious. You you think that a place with so many roundabouts would have a populace that knew how to use them, or knew how to merge properly... Hell, in the NT they had ads on tv that told you how to use roundabouts and how to merge, we need that here in Canberra!!

And don't get me started on the DC plate brigade!!
    "If can't get behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them..."

Users Country Flag
    Here is something I captured on Saturday coming back from the city.

After merging into her lane from a safe distance, then braking slightly to stay under the speed limit, she decides to suddenly accelerate at me and flash her lights, flip me off, then tailgate me some more. After we stop at the next set of lights, she gets out of her car to shout at me, then tailgate me some more afterwards.

Imagine if I happened to be armed and angry as well? What if I got out of my car too? Really, not a smart person, nor a safe driver.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    Here is something I captured on Saturday coming back from the city.

After merging into her lane from a safe distance, then braking slightly to stay under the speed limit, she decides to suddenly accelerate at me and flash her lights, flip me off, then tailgate me some more. After we stop at the next set of lights, she gets out of her car to shout at me, then tailgate me some more afterwards.
    Good onya Eek. She has zero sense of safe distance. I too am partial to sniff my ***** brake techniques when faced with backward tailgaters. Tapping those red lights usualy wakes them up.
    MY18 GOLF 110TSI I HIGHLINE I Indium I Panoramic Sunroof I DAP I IP
    MY18 TIGUAN 162TSI I R-LINE I Ruby I DAP I IP

Users Country Flag
    I have only really driven in Brisbane. I drive approx. 50km each way to/from work,redcliffe to/from cannon hill.

I go both across the gateway, and through the city/sandgate road depending how I feel or what time I leave.

My biggest hates are:
    Ignornant drivers who stick in the faster moving lane then get to an exit/on ramp/side street and just indicate and expect everyone else to stop and let them change lanes

People who cant stay in their own lane/side of the road. I have had it when I am driving in the right hand lane, then the car next to has come half into my lane and a car travelling the other direction came into my lane. I have no idea how there arent alot more accidents in these spots!

Drivers who will purposly go into a lane that ends in 100m, or take and exit to come straight back onto the highway to get 10 cars in front of where they were. When basically the only people merging are knobs doing that, it is what causes traffic to slow down at the merge!

Users Country Flag
    I hate how people seem completely unable to understand highway merging on ramps. The whole point of an on-ramp is to let you get to speed before you merge with fast traffic, I don't think I've ever merged onto a highway in Sydney behind somebody who understands this. Usually you're stuck at the end of a huge queue of cars doing 60 kph and not accelerating until they actually get onto the highway.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBurns View Post
    I hate how people seem completely unable to understand highway merging on ramps. The whole point of an on-ramp is to let you get to speed before you merge with fast traffic, I don't think I've ever merged onto a highway in Sydney behind somebody who understands this. Usually you're stuck at the end of a huge queue of cars doing 60 kph and not accelerating until they actually get onto the highway.
    I don't think I have been able to do that in Sydney either. Ever tried to enter the M4 westbound from Homebush Bay Drive?

I whinge, everyone whinges... its a big circle. Some people really are just utterly incompetent and then there's the rest of us who think we're not too bad at driving and every other road user around us is incompetent.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast