Definitive Car

Thread: heated seat damage

Users Country Flag

heated seat damage

The heating element for the heated seats on my 2015 Amarok has caused damaged to the two seats. Two large rectangular burn marks. The leather seats are ruined, I'm guessing as it's out of warranty VW will tell me to take a hike if I complain? How does it work with car companies and manufacturing defects?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    The heating element for the heated seats on my 2015 Amarok has caused damaged to the two seats. Two large rectangular burn marks. The leather seats are ruined, I'm guessing as it's out of warranty VW will tell me to take a hike if I complain? How does it work with car companies and manufacturing defects?
    Go in and speak nicely and ask them. We cant give an answer on VW behalf.. Sounds "not good enough"
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Go in and speak nicely and ask them. We cant give an answer on VW behalf.. Sounds "not good enough"
    Spoke to head office and have taken it in to the dealership on their request to have it examined. It went it twice. They have more or less confirmed it's the heating element that has pretty much melted the leather, but they have passed on the photos and report to VW head office. They are not speculating on what action they will take. I think the heating elements will need to be replaced as well as seat covers. Hopefully they will be reasonably helpful.

Users Country Flag
    Just a thought but why would you want heated seats in Perth At the moment you would need a 1000L water bladder on the back wouldnt you ? LOL
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Just a thought but why would you want heated seats in Perth At the moment you would need a 1000L water bladder on the back wouldnt you ? LOL
    haha yeah