Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gran Turismo 5 - Preorder CHEAP $65

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Spyda View Post
    If i buy original games i get them from ebay. The last game i got cost me $65 (Buy it Now) including postage, at the time i couldn't find it cheaper than $119 in stores.

You can all ways...you know....mod your consoles
    Only mod chip for PS3 has now been bought out by Sony (typical)!

Thanks for the link mate, you've know made me broke

| MY15.5 Mk3 Octavia vRS TSI | DSG | Black Pack | H&R Springs | 18" BBS RSII |

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by STOIE View Post
    Thanks so much for the link. I just bought 3 games.. NBA 2K11.. MJ here we come!
    2010 MY11 GOLF R - 5DR | DSG | RISING BLUE | DYNAUDIO + ACC + BLUETOOTH + 19s + RNS510 |

2017 MY17 TIGUAN HIGHLINE - 5DR | DSG | PEARL BLACK | SUNROOF + DAP |

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorenz View Post
    Only mod chip for PS3 has now been bought out by Sony (typical)!

Thanks for the link mate, you've know made me broke
    Sorry dude i had to look it up and get back up to date with it all because sony buying out a factory in china that makes usb sticks just sounds dumb. I dont understand how a company can buy a business that is not for sale, unless it was a company which it wasnt. Good luck shutting down a factory or company in china. People still don't know who actually wrote the code or made the original device.

SO what sony did was make it illigal to sell it in Aus...like it matters. What the hackers did was make it open source and put it on the net. So now you can use a smart phone or a usb key to hack your ps3. Besides that you can still get the 'illigal' stick overseas. They have patched it in the latest OS update, but as long as you dont update it will still work. Just like with any hack its just a matter of time untill the OS update is patched aswell.

Sony did pump a lot of money in to making it PS3 unhackable, thats why it took so long to do it. Now that its done they are pumping even more money in to sueing everyone who is selling it overseas, even ebayers. As well as suing them for selling it they are trying to sue for the use of 'PS' in the name of the devise and software.
    Last edited by Spyda; 06-10-2010 at 09:38 AM.
    MK1 GLS 3door
    A4 B7 2.0T

Users Country Flag
    Sorry dude i had to look it up and get back up to date with it all because sony buying out a factory in china that makes usb sticks just sounds dumb. I dont understand how a company can buy a business that is not for sale, unless it was a company which it wasnt. Good luck shutting down a factory or company in china. People still don't know who actually wrote the code or made the original device.

SO what sony did was make it illigal to sell it in Aus...like it matters. What the hackers did was make it open source and put it on the net. So now you can use a smart phone or a usb key to hack your ps3. Besides that you can still get the 'illigal' stick overseas. They have patched it in the latest OS update, but as long as you dont update it will still work. Just like with any hack its just a matter of time untill the OS update is patched aswell.

Sony did pump a lot of money in to making it PS3 unhackable, thats why it took so long to do it. Now that its done they are pumping even more money in to sueing everyone who is selling it overseas, even ebayers. As well as suing them for selling it they are trying to sue for the use of 'PS' in the name of the devise and software.
    Sorry mate but it's also getting harder to find one overseas. For example, in Hong Kong which was once (probably still is), THE place to get any console modded, the local feds caught on quickly and raided all the shops which sold it. They've now banned the selling and importation of the device and anyone caught faces huge fines and imprisonment.

Yes, you could get away with using it if you don't update the ps3's firmware but then you wouldn't be able to go online for multiplayer, game patches etc. Though it's not really a big deal if you don't touch the multiplayer side of things.
    MY07 Golf GT | RS | TSI | DSG | Tint | Sunroof | OEM Xenons | RNS-510 | P3 Gauge | Maniacs DSG Paddles | LED Interior/Exterior | R-Line Pedals | R-Line Fog Grilles | Gloss Black Grille | GTI Front Lip | GTI Rear Valence | GTI Side Skirts | Colour Coded | CF Rear Spoiler | OEM LED Tails w/ Dual Reverse Mod | BFI Torque Arm Insert | ATPG Custom Tune | Forge Intake | MillteK Downpipe | 3" Custom Catback | FK Silverlines | ECS Stg 5 Porsche 6-Pot BBK | 18x8 Satin Black OZ Racing Ultraleggera |

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by OraQube View Post
    Sorry mate but it's also getting harder to find one overseas. For example, in Hong Kong which was once (probably still is), THE place to get any console modded, the local feds caught on quickly and raided all the shops which sold it. They've now banned the selling and importation of the device and anyone caught faces huge fines and imprisonment.

Yes, you could get away with using it if you don't update the ps3's firmware but then you wouldn't be able to go online for multiplayer, game patches etc. Though it's not really a big deal if you don't touch the multiplayer side of things.
    Got proof? China has never realy done much to counter piracy, why would they all of a sudden raid places and imprison people over a trivial issue such as console modding. You can still buy Jailbreak online but its not needed anymore as you can use Freedom and Groove which are not illigal to be sold in australia.

Why do you think Hong Kong is the place to get any console modded? If anything Europe would be the place. Most hacker teams arnt even asian.

PS3 sux online anyway, thats what xbox is for.
    MK1 GLS 3door
    A4 B7 2.0T

Back to GT5...

Pre-ordered mine. Can't wait!
    2010 Skoda Octavia vRS Wagon

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for that, just spent **** loads on there.

Great website.
    Cheers,
    Mark.
    If it has tits or wheels, it's gonna cost you.
    2016 Mk7 R DSG White : S2T paddles, VWR R600 Intake, VWR Springs, Res delete and custom 4" tips

Users Country Flag
    Got proof? China has never realy done much to counter piracy, why would they all of a sudden raid places and imprison people over a trivial issue such as console modding. You can still buy Jailbreak online but its not needed anymore as you can use Freedom and Groove which are not illigal to be sold in australia.

Why do you think Hong Kong is the place to get any console modded? If anything Europe would be the place. Most hacker teams arnt even asian.

PS3 sux online anyway, thats what xbox is for.
    I only saw it on the news on asian satellite tv. Don't know about the rest of China, but you'd be surprised how much the authorities in Hong Kong are cracking down on these things. They had the whole making it public sort of announcement, putting all the devices on display, bit like when our feds here make a major drug bust.

Well I've always had my previous gen consoles modded there cause it was a little closer to home. But yeah, I agree with xbox live owning psn. My ps3 gets hardly used at all. That may change however, once gt5 is released.
    MY07 Golf GT | RS | TSI | DSG | Tint | Sunroof | OEM Xenons | RNS-510 | P3 Gauge | Maniacs DSG Paddles | LED Interior/Exterior | R-Line Pedals | R-Line Fog Grilles | Gloss Black Grille | GTI Front Lip | GTI Rear Valence | GTI Side Skirts | Colour Coded | CF Rear Spoiler | OEM LED Tails w/ Dual Reverse Mod | BFI Torque Arm Insert | ATPG Custom Tune | Forge Intake | MillteK Downpipe | 3" Custom Catback | FK Silverlines | ECS Stg 5 Porsche 6-Pot BBK | 18x8 Satin Black OZ Racing Ultraleggera |

Users Country Flag

I'd say we'll have quite an online racing league

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12