Definitive Car

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Embarassing/ Stupid Dealer Number Plates

Users Country Flag

Embarassing/ Stupid Dealer Number Plates

Hi Guys/ Gals,

Just wanted to start a thread to see if anyone had any embarassing or crap stories relating to the registration plates that your Golf came with. For example... I picked up my golf yesterday and my number plate is:

1DIC### (#'s are actual numbers but stuffed if I remember them)

Cheers,

Pete
    2008 Mk5 Golf .:R32/ BMP/ RCD-510/ More to come

Quote Originally Posted by Peteaussi View Post
    1DIC###
    ROFL! That's just unfortunate, mate.

I'd be making a beeline to the rego office for a set of Euro plates STAT.
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

Users Country Flag
    Moved to General discussion since this isn't MK6 Golf, or VW specific at all...

When I got my last personal plates put on they asked if I wanted to keep the original ones just in case I got a crap plate like the one you got pete! Bad luck. Now you have to get a personal plate.

Hi Guys/ Gals,

Just wanted to start a thread to see if anyone had any embarassing or crap stories relating to the registration plates that your Golf came with. For example... I picked up my golf yesterday and my number plate is:

1DIC### (#'s are actual numbers but stuffed if I remember them)

Cheers,

Pete
    Is it 1DIC 469 ?

Users Country Flag
    Too bad no Mk5s were released when the QLD letter combo MKV was available. VW should've hit them all up!
    2002 Volkswagen Bora V5 - 2007 Mazda 3 GT - 1998 Ford Contour Sport - 2010 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T - 2013 Volkswagen Passat 130TDI - 2015 Ford Escape 1.5 - 2016 Subaru WRX - 2018 Volkswagen Golf R Wolfsburg Wagon

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by PassatB6 View Post
    Is it 1DIC 469 ?
    I think it has a 9 as the first number... I will check it out tomorrow when I pick it up from getting Ventureshielded. I am seriously considering getting personalised plates but here in WA the only relatively inexpensive plates are blue with black letters and I am not too keen on those on my CS golf.. I don't see personalised plates as something big for me but each to their own. I suppose I will be 1DIC for a while... It could be worse.. it could be 2DIC or 4DIC.. or worse still 8DIC.

Users Country Flag
    I think it has a 9 as the first number... I will check it out tomorrow when I pick it up from getting Ventureshielded. I am seriously considering getting personalised plates but here in WA the only relatively inexpensive plates are blue with black letters and I am not too keen on those on my CS golf.. I don't see personalised plates as something big for me but each to their own. I suppose I will be 1DIC for a while... It could be worse.. it could be 2DIC or 4DIC.. or worse still 8DIC.
    I don't think you got the joke mate.

At least you can change it. After all its not like people who have paid for plates such as DRIFTN and 2HOT4U and all those lame would be gangsta plates. That's way more embarrassing!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by PassatB6 View Post
    At least you can change it. After all its not like people who have paid for plates such as DRIFTN and 2HOT4U and all those lame would be gangsta plates. That's way more embarrassing!
    Damn... 2HOT4U was my next choice... I was actually thinking of GTI 155 or GLF 155.

BTW... I got the joke...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast