Thread: damaged car... replace headlights?

Users Country Flag

damaged car... replace headlights?

2 weeks out from finally getting my clutch packs replaced, someone reverses into me and stuffs up the driver side bumper + headlight.

I'm with RACV and i'm all insured to get it repaired, but the question is - can I provide my own OEM parts for the headlight? Reason I'm asking is that it would be a great if I could fit some of these onto my 118.
    OEM Euro VW Golf R R20 MK6 Black Xenon Headlights Housings - BKS-Tuning

Obviously I would be paying the difference between the standard replacement headlights and these, but is it common practice that people can chop and change parts?
    here's a shot of the damaged area

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
    MY11 118TSI - sports kit/sunroof/Mdi - United Grey

Users Country Flag
    You will need to discuss that with the panel beater who is assigned to repair your vehicle. Not the insurance company.

Users Country Flag

damaged car... replace headlights?

Insurance... It's what you pay for. If you need to come to a forum to ask the question then you are wasting your money paying insurance..
    "If can't get behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them..."

Users Country Flag

Like what Tom said, ask the panel beater or wherever your car is being repaired. The old man managed to damage the skirts on his previous Freelander 2 while off-roading (painted skirts) and he opted for the unpainted black skirts during the replacement. The repair shop was fine with it but it did take longer for the part to come in as they organised that.
    TRADED THE BEE'12 Sport Yellow/Black Citroen DS3 DSport THP155(155cv/153bhp) 6-spd manual w/ tech pack.

'18 BMW 125i M-Sport | Sunset Orange | Sunroof | ZF 8-spd auto