Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: COMPETITION: Win a Cars 2 Pack

Users Country Flag

Post COMPETITION: Win a Cars 2 Pack

A few weeks ago, the Hawk family had the most awesome night out thanks to Porter Novelli & the Disney 3D Bluray people. We got the kids out of school & preschool 90 minutes early & headed into Sydney to a penthouse at the Fraser Suites.

The afternoon started off with some light refreshments & a presentation on 3D TVs and DVDs. After the talk we got comfy on beanbags in the three rooms of the penthouse to watch Cars 2 in 3D.

Cars 2 is a great movie that shows kids how important friendships are & how you shouldn’t try to change your friends. Something I think is an important lesson for all kids to learn.

After seeing it twice already, our six year old son was thrilled to be watching it yet again. Our three year old daughter was more interested in the face painting and running around with her friends! Though since bringing a copy home we’ve watched it a few times and Miss 3 has been enjoying it almost as much as her car fanatic big brother!

So what does this have to do with the VWWatercooled community? We all received goodie bags at the conclusion of the night and seeing as we got double ups of most of the items we thought it would be nice to share the love & give away a few items to you guys!

We have two Cars 2 packs to giveaway.

The winner’s pack includes:
    - Cars 2 Blu-ray and DVD
    - Mini Cars toolkit
    - Cars 2 CD Soundtrack

The runner’s up pack includes:

- Cars 2 CD Soundtrack
    - Mini Cars toolkit

For your chance to win tell us what your favourite car movie has been.

(You may comment in either the forum thread or on the News Page).

The winner will be announced on the 1st of December 2011.

View Article...
    Last edited by The_Hawk; 20-11-2011 at 09:34 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Le Mans with Steve McQueen. No bull**** storyline, just racing and cars.

Users Country Flag
    Senna... Amazing footage of a my favourite era of F1 racing, even though at the time I never really appreciated the talent the driver the movie focused on.
    "If can't get behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them..."

i'd have to say initialD, the taiwanese(i think?) version.

good music, easy to watch, shows what drifting is REALLY about (corner speed, not hard parking)
    Last edited by Buller_Scott; 20-11-2011 at 12:52 PM.

My favourite car movie is probably Days of Thunder, mostly because i remember it being my favourite movie as a kid and watching it with my old man. Oh and of course the rental car scene along the beach.
    Driving the coal. Low and rattly.

Users Country Flag
    In terms of 'car' movies that have a significant and worthwhile underlying message, Eric Bana's "Love the Beast" was up there as one of my favourites. It perfectly captured the relationship people can have with cars, and the lengths in which they'll go to maintain them. For me it re-affirms for me that cars are not just a collection of body panels and exhaust gases, and that they are, in fact, a whole lot more than that and often greater than the sum of their parts.

Users Country Flag
    I haven't seen it for 20 years so it may have aged badly but back in the 80s Repo Man was my favorite.

Users Country Flag
    - Vanishing Point. Classic story about a bloke, a car and an epic road trip

Users Country Flag
    Best ever was a "B" grade movie with Roger Moore (ex James Bond) Call "Fire ,Ice And Dynamite"

They killed and mutilated so many Vw Golfs that it not fun (but it was).

I knew nothing about the movie until I got some videos sent out from the factory(they used to do that in the 80's).

If your luckly you can find it in the $1 bin at your video store.
    Last edited by vwh2o; 21-11-2011 at 08:12 PM.
    Old Enough to Know Better.
    2013 Jetta tdi
    1998 Porsche Boxster

Users Country Flag

I've always rated Ronin.
    John Frankenheimer's approach to filming car chase scenes - eschewing digital effects for mounting cameras in cut-up cars - makes from of the best car film ever shot IMHO. Gotta love speeding through Paris in an S8 or an M5.
    Plus its acually a good movie in its own right. Top cast.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast