View Poll Results: Why did you choose a white car?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like white

4 50.00%
  • It was the only one available

4 50.00%
  • I didn't want to pay for metallic paint

1 12.50%
  • other

1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Car colours

Users Country Flag

Question Car colours

After owning a white car and being thoroughly underwhelmed by the experience coz it just looks so dull all the time, I wondered why do people choose a white car? Are you like me and only chose it because it was the only one in stock at the dealer, or you didn't want to pay extra for metallic paint? Or do you actually like the look of white cars?
    Ben

2015 Polo GTI & 2019 Golf R

Users Country Flag
    Well, VW Australia always order a lot of white vehicles and they are cheaper than the metallic hues, which is just about every other colour that VW offer. So that is your answer. Personally I prefer blue cars....
    Biscay Blue MY10.5 Passat R36 Wagon
    Options: Sunroof, RNS510 Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Power Tailgate, ACC with Front Assist, RVC, BT 9w7, Factory Tint and Factory Towbar
    Night Blue MY15.5 Golf GTI Performance
    Options: Black Vienna Leather, DAP II, Panoramic Sunroof and Voice Control (every box ticked.)

Users Country Flag
    I like red cars
    My parents won't buy a car unless its white they are in their 70's now and have 2 white merc's
    My wife likes any colour but hates white

I don't know if thats any help
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Users Country Flag
    Australian car colours are by and large boring: white, silver, charcoal, and occasionally blue and red, so there is rarely a wide choice in showrooms. I have also heard that the resale on white cars is better, but I'm not sure why.

I have a white Tiguan because that was the only colour available with the specifications I wanted at the time I bought. However, I also have a yellow GTI, because IMHO that was the only colour to get if buying a MkV Pirelli Edition.
    Daily: 2010 Tiguan TDI | Candy White | Manual | 4MOTION | New York Wheels | Comfort Pack | Tinted Windows | Discover Media | MkVI MFSW | Mk7 Climatronic | RVC | Fog Lights | ECB Nudge Bar | Hella 160 Driving Lights | Rola RBXL135 Cross Bars | To Do: Colour MFD
    Toy: 2008 GTI Pirelli | Sunflower Yellow | 3 Door | DSG | Pirelli Wheels | RNS-510 | 9W7 Bluetooth | RVC | Rear Sensors | Fog Lights | To Do: Mk7 Climatronics, MkVI MFSW, Colour MFD

Users Country Flag
    The colour options in Australia aren’t that great and in commercial vehicle range it’s even worst. So, when you can’t get the colour you want, there’s only 1 option.... white. At least it looks still good when it’s dirty and when it gets old. Also, I think that the car in white looks somehow bigger than in darker colours.

I hate black cars , I often tell people who buy them that the only time their new car will look that good is the day it,s delivered after that you have to marry the bloody thing to keep it looking good . Talk to any new car pre delivery centres and they will tell you it takes the twice as long to prepare a black car for delivery . There is alocal BMW dealer near here and up until just the last twelve months their front lot was almost totally black Beemers , absolutley no colours and it made the place look morbid and drab . Some models that VW produce are primarily white like the Transporters .

I bought white because I would have had to wait six months for my Alltrack. I wanted red.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by syncro View Post
    I bought white because I would have had to wait six months for my Alltrack. I wanted red.
    Damn that sucks cause they look so good in red

Car colours-20180605_130159-jpgCar colours-20180605_130159-jpg
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Quote Originally Posted by Kachingg View Post
    Damn that sucks cause they look so good in red
    I think white looks bland. When we ordered our red Golf. my wife made a remark that the importers must be colour blind as we had very few options & the roads seemed to be crowded with phantom grey. My current VWs are red & I owned two red beetles in the 60s
    Understand how it works, troubleshoot logically BEFORE replacing parts.
    2001 T4 TRAKKA Syncro 2.5TDI,2006 Mk5 2.0TDI Golf manual,2001 Polo 1.4 16V manual [now sold], '09 2.0CR TDI Tiguan manual,
    Numerous Mk1 Golf diesels