Definitive Car

Thread: Brake pad recommendations

Brake pad recommendations

Having trouble figuring what brand to buy for my golf, I have t2 dba rotors to go just need figure out some good pads

Users Country Flag
    Look on Brakes Direct website - heaps to choose from. Depends on what you are looking for (eg low dust, general street use, performance etc).

https://brakesdirect.com.au/aus/cata...=2.0L%2B103TDI

I recently purchased a set of Akebono Euro Ceramic pads for my SQ5 as i wanted a low dust pad (stock pads are ridiculously dusty) and so far have been pleasantly surprised with just how low dust they are. ATE also make a ceramic pad which are popular with members on here for the same low dust reasons.

If you want a more performance oriented pad then perhaps look at Forza, Bremtec, Remsa or even the new range of pads from DBA. Ive used both Remsa and Bremtec previously and they were fine.
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 30-04-2020 at 09:27 AM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    bremtec pro series (whatever it's called) on the Honda I did not like. Wooden pedal and no retardation.

Wagner I like for light duty suburban use. Not as dusty as OEM but not as good as ceramic.

You might specify if you drive fast, around town, short trips, etc.

My pad requirements are different from most. I do short trips and need immediate cold stop performance. They need to be quiet under all conditions. I've never cooked my brakes so high temp resistance isn't needed. I only do 5000km/pa so long life isn't a priority.

Bad spec=bad result
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Hey should mention %99 of driving is on the highway which winds abit and is common for kangaroos to jump out at ya I had some people recommended bendix euro plus so I caved an bought locally as I wanna do this weekend

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Stenno93 View Post
    Hey should mention %99 of driving is on the highway which winds abit and is common for kangaroos to jump out at ya I had some people recommended bendix euro plus so I caved an bought locally as I wanna do this weekend
    A standard street pad is what you want for highway driving with the odd emergency braking situation - it will have the best bite and performance from cold.

The Bendix pads will do the job just fine.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    A standard street pad is what you want for highway driving with the odd emergency braking situation - it will have the best bite and performance from cold.

The Bendix pads will do the job just fine.
    Good to hear thanks mate

Users Country Flag

Just don't fall into the trap of getting TEXTAR pads... mega dusty and average performance.