Support VWWC

Thread: BMS Pedal Tuner OOS is there a good alternative Pedalbox or?

BMS Pedal Tuner OOS is there a good alternative Pedalbox or?

I have been waiting for months for the BMS Pedal Tuners to be back in stock, it seems covid has broken there supply chain. Does anyone have experience with an alternative like Pedalbox or other?

Users Country Flag
    They all do the same thing basically. I was going to buy a BMS pedal tuner for my Audi SQ5 but BMS could not confirm it would work, so I ended up buying a Torqit Pedal Torque unit locally which is basically identical to the BMS one.

Torqit TOR-PT1007 Pedal Torq (Audi Q3 8U 2011+/Q5 8R 2009+)

There are many variations of these throttle controllers, some of the cheaper ones are about $200 (eg iDrive Windbooster) and you can get them from Repco etc, then the better ones are about $400 or so. Some have fancy Bluetooth adjustability etc and cost $500+
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Thanks Lucas, I’m still thinking of getting the DTE Pedalbox, it is German made (I like) and avail in Aust on sale at $300 atm or $430 with app. If I could run it via my VC and steering wheel I would go the app, otherwise not sure if it’s needed

Can you generally change throttle settings on the fly or only if stationary

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OnetoothCracker View Post
    Thanks Lucas, I’m still thinking of getting the DTE Pedalbox, it is German made (I like) and avail in Aust on sale at $300 atm or $430 with app. If I could run it via my VC and steering wheel I would go the app, otherwise not sure if it’s needed

Can you generally change throttle settings on the fly or only if stationary
    The one I bought had an app option, but from previous experience with these pedal boxes you set them how you like it and never touch it again - so figured it would be a waste to buy the app version.

You can change the settings on the fly using the + and - buttons on the controller, but honestly once you find a setting you are happy with you will never touch the controller again.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler