Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby Seat for R36 Wagon

Baby Seat for R36 Wagon

Hi guys,
    We are expecting our first child and I got no idea on baby seats. I don't want to spend hours researching on the net. Can you throw some brand names, types etc that you use and happy with? I don't want to spend too much but also don't want very cheap that compromises safety.

Thanks in advance.
    2018 MK7.5 Lapiz Wolf Wagon with Roof

Users Country Flag
    Maxi Cosi AP

Maxi Cosi Mico Ap Isofix Capsule Granite | Baby Bunting

They (Maxi Cosi) have a replacement policy whenever any if their childseats are involved in an accident. No matter how minor.
    Last edited by Eaglehawk; 31-12-2015 at 12:24 PM.

Users Country Flag
    We got a maxi cosi cabriofix with familyfix base, was one of the best decisions we made. Had to order from Germany, but even with shipping was still less than local cost of a similar car seat. Only thing to note is that it is not legal in Australia, it meets ALL other countries standards, but Australia has a weird standard.

Users Country Flag
    We used a capsule for one of my children. It was great however my son grew out of it too quickly. For this reason we would never buy a capsule again and I would recommend to hire a capsule if you want one.

Currently I have a 6 week old using a britex compact. Both my 6 & 4 year old a using hi-liners now. (Yes we have 3 seats in our r36)

I would suggest looking for a seat that is expandable from birth that can convert as your child grows up. They are more expensive at the beginning but will save you the cost of upgrading in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much get whatever the current isofix safe n sound or infasecure seat is about. We have the AHR meridian but I suspect it comes with isofix which makes moving seats far nicer. If VAG cars had rear locking seatbelt a it would make things nicer.

Users Country Flag
    Isofix is great, but you do get used to the old seatbelt way after a few goes. The meridian is a good seat but it is quite large. Also it has a lot of padding/comfort that can get a bit hot for little ones.

Users Country Flag
    Also note that the ISOFIX seats in Australia don't seem to be the nice European "fixed ISOFIX" base that makes it easy to install/uninstall. It's still a pain using the pull-the-seat-belt method, but the good thing is that the indicators go green.

Quote Originally Posted by ASR36 View Post
    We used a capsule for one of my children. It was great however my son grew out of it too quickly. For this reason we would never buy a capsule again and I would recommend to hire a capsule if you want one.

Currently I have a 6 week old using a britex compact. Both my 6 & 4 year old a using hi-liners now. (Yes we have 3 seats in our r36)

I would suggest looking for a seat that is expandable from birth that can convert as your child grows up. They are more expensive at the beginning but will save you the cost of upgrading in the future.

Hi. Can you post a pic of your child seat set up in your R36? Didn't think 3 seats in a R36 would be possible. I'm looking to move to either an R36 or CC in 6 months when my eldest boy is out of a car seat. Want to make sure I could get at least 2 seats in with still room for a my eldest boy also. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dano14 View Post
    Hi. Can you post a pic of your child seat set up in your R36? Didn't think 3 seats in a R36 would be possible. I'm looking to move to either an R36 or CC in 6 months when my eldest boy is out of a car seat. Want to make sure I could get at least 2 seats in with still room for a my eldest boy also. Thanks!

2 seats was easy... 3 seats was the challenge. Either I made it work or I would have to look for a new car (and the mrs did not want a people mover!)

We had the baby seat facing the rear, but have only just moved it to forward facing. There is more room with it forwards facing.

To get the seats to work, I have two seatbelt extensions on the outer seats. This allows the seat belts to clip in easily otherwise it wouldn't work. Purchased these from autobarn (cost about $70 each from memory).

Thanks heaps. I have 3 seats in my 300C SRT8 at the moment which is quite a squeeze also, have more room in the missus CX9 ! All 3 of my seats currently are 5 point harness type, which maybe wider than your booster outer seats? Either way I'm hoping to fit 2 child seats with room for my eldest boy also. Might be a squeeze for him in the middle?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast