Definitive Car

Thread: Australian VW Parts Finder?

Question Australian VW Parts Finder?

Hey all,

VW Parts, Accessories, and DriverGear - Volkswagen of America Online Store This link here will guide me to the US (NAR) parts catalogue. I think it’s great and quite accurate. Although I can’t seem to find the Australian catalogue for Volkswagen parts? This would be useful for me indefinitely. Does anyone know if there is one or do Australian dealers only have access to this? I’ve plugged in Australian part numbers into that website without any results. Thanks in advance!

Users Country Flag
    Im certainly not aware of anything similar for the Aussie market.

I always have a hard time trying to find part numbers as most parts im after are not easily accessible on the car to check the part #, or are perhaps a part number fitted to European models but left off Aussie models. Having a part finder tool would be great.

Some part numbers vary (only slightly) if they are for LHD or RHD market.

What parts are you looking for? Most of the time if someone with a TSI or TDI Golf (for example) is looking for specific parts fitted to a GTI or R, a member with a GTI or R will help out with the part number for specific parts.
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 08-12-2021 at 09:36 AM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Lucas,

I do recall phoning a Volkswagen dealer and they wanted specific part numbers to search in their catalogue but I assume it was dealership use only. I’ve found the part number that I was looking for although it takes a little longer compared to a parts finder here :|

Users Country Flag
    Would something like this help? Stick to Europe as selection. Helped me find parts online in the past.

Volkswagen Parts catalog - ETKA Online, Volkswagen EUROPA, original Catalog Volkswagen EUROPA

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    MY15 TIGUAN 130TDI R-LINE - Pepper Grey, Panoramic Sunroof

Users Country Flag
    I normally use the 7zap (EU market) or ECS tuning for part numbers.

If you want to find the RHD equivalent, simply swap the 3rd digit.

E.g. 1J1 = LHD
    1J2 = RHD

Link below for more details on deciphering VW part numbers.

VW Part Numbers >> Club VeeDub
    2004 VW Bora 4motion | 3.2 Swapped - R32 Trimmings | BBS CH | Forever fixing this bitch

I did see that website but I skipped over it as I didn’t think it was the official website for Aus. I’ll still utilise though.

Quote Originally Posted by beale187 View Post
    I normally use the 7zap (EU market) or ECS tuning for part numbers.

If you want to find the RHD equivalent, simply swap the 3rd digit.

E.g. 1J1 = LHD
    1J2 = RHD

Link below for more details on deciphering VW part numbers.

VW Part Numbers >> Club VeeDub
    That’s good to know! I can see the subtle difference. I’ll keep this in mind.

Hi guys, just an update. The Volkswagen Dealer I spoke to utilises this website as mentioned above: Volkswagen Parts catalog - ETKA Online, Volkswagen EUROPA, original Catalog Volkswagen EUROPA