Definitive Car

Thread: Australian supercar wish list

Australian supercar wish list

Just wondering what the consensus is what people are wanting out of Australian touring cars in the future now that Holden is gone.
    Personally I think the current platform is a joke to motor sport, and it be good to see manufacturers pushing there technologies on the track, rather then a stone age push rod V8 in a chassis that everyone identically has that makes a mustang look like something that’s been put in the microwave.

Would love to see a DTM style line up of manufactures on the track.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tyr382; 29-02-2020 at 08:57 PM.

A lot of people reckon Super Cars is expensive but DTM is in outer space in comparison. As for what will replace it, that is anyone's guess. Bring back sports sedans and let's have a bit of variety and out of the box design & thinking.

I like the TCR cars but it’s still lack of performance. The Audi RS3 is a 4cyl front wheel drive and they are too slow compared to the V8’s
    I don’t think an Australian version of the DTM series is that far out of reach.

The current platform is really quite awesome.

Big HP, rear wheel drive, heavy, small tyre. They are the fastest touring cars in the world currently.

The issue is I think, is the way it’s televised (boring/annoying as hell to watch with the commentary) and the cars have outgrown the tracks they run at.

Really at the end of the day they’ve been the same ‘car’ for 5+ years now, it’s just the panels they affix to the frame underneath. I wouldn’t care if they had new beetle panels, as long as the current formula sticks around.

As far as TCR goes, that class fills the gap that has been missing in Australian motorsport for a long time. Affordable top tier production racing. It’s great to watch, and the cars aren’t that slow. Only ~5 seconds behind a V8 supercar at PI (fair to say a power suited track)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HaydEn; 01-03-2020 at 06:54 AM.

Would love to see a head to head V8 supercar vs the Audi DTM.

I find TCR way more exciting being that the cars are fully made by the actual manufacturer in a turn key delivery.
    Granted the Audi RS3 is made by seat, but the RS5 is made and sold by Audi For what I understand.
    That alone is something fans can really get behind and embrace. The cars are the cars, not some stupid NASCAR version to suit fair budget.
    That’s what makes racing good. A brand you can really get behind and feel good about.

Quote Originally Posted by tyr382 View Post
    Would love to see a head to head V8 supercar vs the Audi DTM.

I find TCR way more exciting being that the cars are fully made by the actual manufacturer in a turn key delivery.
    Granted the Audi RS3 is made by seat, but the RS5 is made and sold by Audi For what I understand.
    That alone is something fans can really get behind and embrace. The cars are the cars, not some stupid NASCAR version to suit fair budget.
    That’s what makes racing good. A brand you can really get behind and feel good about.

Drives me crazy when the old fellas at work bang on about how good the Holden’s are or how good the fords are, when specifically talking about Supercars.

Yes brand makes fans want to be involved, but V8 Supercars aren’t what you would could production based. Nor have they been relevant for a long time.

I think in the next few years we will see the shift from brand following to driver following.

Users Country Flag
    Bring back the BTCC 2L touring cars from the 90’s.....heaps of variety in terms of manufacturer, different engines, fwd vs rwd vs awd and super exciting racing.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

This is a good read

How V8 Supercars Compares To The DTM Series