Definitive Car

Thread: Areton or Superb Sportline

Users Country Flag

Areton or Superb Sportline

I am considering both of these vehicles, probably 2018 models. I'm sure others who have bought one of these vehicles considered the other and would be interested in why they chose one over the other?

Form what I can see they are both equiped the same (or close enough) with the same engine, but notice the Skoda is a 6 speed vs 7 speed on the Arteon.

Any advice greatfully received?

Users Country Flag
    Two completly different vehicles.
    Your comparison (for comparison's sake) should be;
    Volkswagen Passat 206TSI vs ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 / ŠKODA Superb Sportline

The Arteon is a "Stylistic" vehicle and holds a premium price over all the others you mentioned above.
    Yes, 7spd DSG also (VW went to 7spd in MY18, ŠKODA is playing catch up there, the new Scout 200TSI has 7spd DSG).
    Possibly 20" wheels, more adjustment to the Active Dampers, Dynaudio Sound and a Head Up Display are the only real differences included in the Arteon.

They look awesome though!!!
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks, I am trying to convince myself that it is worth the extra $$$ for the Arteon over the Superb. Not really keen on the Passat 206TSI although I know I should throw it in the mix

Users Country Flag
    Hi Peter

I considered the Skoda, the Honda Accord, and the Kia Stinger, but ultimately nothing made me as emotionally involved as the Arteon

The styling of the Arteon just makes my heart sing, and driving it is pure bliss

I honestly think the Stinger was in 2nd place, while the Superb seems like a really nice car, it just didn't grab me like the Arteon or the Stinger, I don't personally like the styling as much (I quickly gave up on the idea of the Accord)

And there's nothing like making a decision to spend 10s of thousands of $$ based on emotion!

I'm unashamedly biased towards the Arteon

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I agree that the Arteon is certainly the best looking of the options. I was looking to spend less than $40K and thinking that by now that 2017 models would be getting down to that price now that they are almost 3 years old and the warranty is about to expire.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by PeterHattam View Post
    I agree that the Arteon is certainly the best looking of the options. I was looking to spend less than $40K and thinking that by now that 2017 models would be getting down to that price now that they are almost 3 years old and the warranty is about to expire.
    Have you checked the prices on Carsales...
    One is close to $40k with 80,000kms...
    The next, $48k with 50,000kms... (Then up in price from here)...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)