Thread: Urgent wheel shipping advice

Urgent wheel shipping advice

Hello All,

I've found an interesting set of wheels I MUST have in the US of A, how do I go about shipping them without getting charged the earth? This is wheels without tires...

Quotes from UPS have been in the vacinity of $1400

Anyone help? Cheers

mk2 GTi 16v
    Corrado G60

Users Country Flag
    Hey Carl, have you tried looking for mail forwarders or whatever their called? Something like this - Price USA | Shop where you want

I've got no previous experience so can't help any further...

Yeah I've just used a parcel forwarding company called Shipito to have a ton of stuff shipped over, not wheels though. They have a calculator on there so see what prices they can do

If the wheels are boxed separately without tyres it shouldn't cost you that much to bring them out. I've sent 5 sets of wheels from the my US address back home to Canberra in the last 12 months - the most expensive was a set of 19x8 & 19x11 wheels which cost about $500 USD via FedEx Express shipment, including insurance for about $4500.

If you use one of the freight forwarding companies you'll find they will have account rates with the major shipment companies (FedEx, USPS, UPS etc) and will be significantly cheaper than if you're just sending a one-off shipment.

Thanks for the advice guys, will look into all of them, got a quote from fed ex for 1500 :S

mk2 GTi 16v
    Corrado G60

ive used www.hopshopgo.com for a lot of snowboarding gear.

they offer a great service, at great prices and payment is all done via paypal.
    2007 Audi RS4 with: APR ECU Upgrade; JHM Quick Shifter; Milltek Catback and Downpipes; KW V3 Coilovers; Argon Creative Carbon Fibre Splitters

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ausgolfer View Post
    Thanks for the advice guys, will look into all of them, got a quote from fed ex for 1500 :S
    Haha might as well spend a bit more to have a holiday there and have the wheels brought back as luggage!