Thread: Tyre recommendations

Tyre recommendations

Hi Guys,

I need to get a set of new Tyres for my mk7 Golf GTI.
    I currently have the Bridgestone Potenza S001 Tyre on my car and i'm thinking it's time for a change as i have always had this tyre on my previous GTI as well.
    I'm not the best on tyres so are there any recommendations? I am looking at the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 tyre, any thoughts on it, is it any good?

Any help will be appreciated. Also the size will be 225/40r/18

Cheers
    MK7.5 R|Lapiz Blue|DAP|Sunroof|Tint
    SOLD MK7 GTI|DSG|Carbon Steel|Leather|Panoramic Sunroof|Bi-Xenon Lights|Driver Assist|Tint|Euro Plates
    SOLD MK6 GTI|5 Door DSG|Carbon Steel|Leather|Sunroof|Electric Driver Seat|MDI|Tint

Users Country Flag
    The Goodyear F1 Asymmetric tyre is amongst the best, along with Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Can't go wrong with either of those.

https://www.tyresales.com.au/search?...y=pricelowhigh

MICHELIN 225/40R18 92Y PILOT SUPER SPORT | MICHELIN 225/40R18 92Y PILOT SUPER SPORT Tyre - OzzyTyres | Ozzy Tyres
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 20-09-2016 at 04:31 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    The Goodyear F1 Asymmetric tyre is amongst the best, along with Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Can't go wrong with either of those.

https://www.tyresales.com.au/search?...y=pricelowhigh

MICHELIN 225/40R18 92Y PILOT SUPER SPORT | MICHELIN 225/40R18 92Y PILOT SUPER SPORT Tyre - OzzyTyres | Ozzy Tyres
    Cheers
    SOLD MK7 GTI|DSG|Carbon Steel|Leather|Panoramic Sunroof|Bi-Xenon Lights|Driver Assist|Tint|Euro Plates
    SOLD MK6 GTI|5 Door DSG|Carbon Steel|Leather|Sunroof|Electric Driver Seat|MDI|Tint

I think only the 2 rear tyres need changing as when i had the service the tread depth was 1.1 and 1.3 and the front were 4.3 and 4.5.
    Is it ok to have 2 Bridgestone and 2 Goodyear on the car or is better to have 4 of the same tyres?

Cheers

Bridgestone RE003 have been terrific on 2 cars here one of which is an A3 - my go to under $300.00 tyre.

Michelin Pilot Super Sports are sensational and I am sticking with them on my C63. If looking at Michelin PSS buy from one of the Sydney parallel import/grey market dealers like Tempe or St George, pay for local fitting and you will likely still be way in front of official factory imports. I have had no issue with many tyres I have purchased - all have been fresh stock.

Search the forum for a good price on Goodyears - there is a running thread on them

Mix and match is never ideal but is acceptable. New tyres on the front and current tyres on the rear with FWD.