Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Screwed Tyre (Literally) - Options?

Users Country Flag

Cheap option. Repair it and see what happens.
    Good option. Replace tyre.
    Better option. Repair the pair - Given they are very close to new, just replacing the one would be fine.

At the end of the day, if you repair the tyre and it blows out on you doing >100, lose control and hit a concrete pillar, is the few hundred dollars still expensive?
    | 2016 VW Golf R 7 | DSG | Pure White | Leather | Sunroof | Driver Assist | JB4 |
    | 2003 VW Golf SE | Auto | Silver | Sunroof |
    | 2010 VW Golf R 6 | Manual | Leather | ACC | 19s | Black Pack | GIAC Stage 2+ |

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
    When you enlarge the hole to pull the tread repair insert through, you break through the cords anyway.

However, the closer to the centre of the tread it is, the less of an issue it is.
    The one I had done was just a pinprick on the inside and so they put a full sleeve and didnt pull a insert through it
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Ended up with getting it replaced at AAA Tyres Castle Hill. Kudos to James the manager there, can not fault the service he has provided.

Figured might as well do it while the other's are still relatively new - travel around way too much on highways and knowing my driving + the thought of putting lives at risk just wasn't worth it. Thanks guys.

Definitely the better way to go in my book. Like CraigR says, is the few hundred still expensive if it saves you from having a high speed whoopsie?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12