Thread: mk1 kmac rear swaybar

mk1 kmac rear swaybar

Anyone got any pics of how this fits up, I've got to assemble all the pieces and am having trouble working it all out.
    76 MkI 3 door - daily drive/project - 1.8 5speed
    76 MkI 3 door swallowtail - 16v track car
    76 MkI 3 door "long term" project

Have you had any luck? If you post up a pic it might help, I have a feeling the kmac ones might be the same as the whiteline rears, but I'm really not sure. If so it mounts back the front to the way the trailing arms go, the main bar is way at the back of the car and the arms point forward towards the trailing arms.

Think I've worked it out but haven't been able to get new bushings for them so it is not on the car. The kmac guy wants a fortune for them so trying to look at alternatives, got some upgrades on the car today that more than make up for it though

If its just those generic u-clamp-style bushes check out autobahn or any suspension shop. I got some from a suspension guy and they were dirt cheap. They're yellow poly things. I even used them when I had a custom front sway bar bent up to the same shape as the standard mk1 gti one and used the original vw brackets, I just had to cut the poly bushes to the right shape which is pretty easy with that material.

I need 6 of the D shape ones and a few small donut shaped ones, I was thinking autobahn or somewhere would have something, going to try tomorrow.